Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Aellonaeron

Old February 12th, 2019, 12:59 AM
The elven branched spear in its lines says: Elves treat elven branched spears as martial weapons

Half elves have the following in their description: Half-elves count as both elves and humans for any effect related to race.

therefore Half elves treat the EBS as a martial weapon, yet Hero Lab does not allow me to take it as a halfelf fighter, without taking the EWP. Is this an oversight, or is there another reason?

Last edited by Aellonaeron; February 13th, 2019 at 09:46 AM.
Aellonaeron is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old February 12th, 2019, 05:24 AM
wait... halflings have nothing to do with elves.
Minous is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old February 12th, 2019, 05:56 AM
As in, a halfling is the D&D/Pathfinder equivalent of a hobbit, while a half-elf has an elven and a human parent. Now... a half-halfling is born of one halfling parent and a casaba melon. Rather useless in gameplay, but quite delicious.
Rone is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old February 12th, 2019, 10:52 PM
The Ling is a fish. [Wikipedia: The common ling, also known as the white ling or simply the ling, is a large member of the family Lotidae, a group of cod-like fishes. It resembles the related rocklings but it is much larger and has a single barbel.] Halflings are fish people!

@Aellonaeron - I'm sure you have the idea of "Weapon Familiarity" wrong. Yes, Half-Elves count as elves for racial effects, but being able to use a weapon is not an effect. If you think it should be, you need to show that this is what Paizo intends, or provide an example of a Paizo source that allows this, or simply put in a bug report.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old February 13th, 2019, 04:59 AM
Halflings are fish people?! Then... then... Tolkien WAS Lovecraft! MY MIND iS BEING TORN APART BY THE FORBIDDEN TRUTH OF IT ALL!
Rone is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old February 13th, 2019, 06:23 AM
Ia! Ia!
Aaron is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Aellonaeron

Old February 13th, 2019, 09:46 AM
Sorry. I caught the first autocorrect, not the second. I meant half elf fighter, not halfling
Aellonaeron is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old February 13th, 2019, 12:15 PM
The apology is mine, Aellonaeron. I figured that's what you meant but I felt compelled to write the word casaba. I blame the hypnotism show I attended the night before.
Rone is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old February 13th, 2019, 12:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aellonaeron View Post
Sorry. I caught the first autocorrect, not the second. I meant half elf fighter, not halfling
Take a look at the race description, its fairly clear that half-elves don't qualify for that weapon. Elves have a Weapon Familiarity listed under their race, while half-elves do not.
Minous is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Aellonaeron

Old February 14th, 2019, 05:39 AM
Minous. Weapon familiarity has nothing to do with it.

The text says: Elves treat elven branched spears as martial weapons, not elves with weapon familiarity treat this as martial weapon.

Therefore all elves, whether they have weapon familiarity or not treat it as martial weapons.

As the description for half Elves states: "Half-elves count as both elves and humans for any effect related to race." all half Elves treat Elven Branched spear as a martial weapon.

Weapon familiarity has to do with proficiency, not with which weapon class they count a weapon as.
Aellonaeron is offline   #10 Reply With Quote