Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

tooley1chris

Old October 24th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Heya folks. I've read through a lot of the documentation on the WIKI but for the life of me, can't figure some of this out.
If I make a copy of a game system (that Im licensed for) how can I edit some of the data in that system?
I've bought CoC and am trying to add some BRP stuff to it, like fantasy races, remove firearms, change $ to a coin system, ect...
If I open my copy of say Pathfinder, I see all the great .Dat files that can be edited but none under my new system. I'm sure Im missing something noob-ish. Please help?
tooley1chris is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 24th, 2013, 12:27 PM
The core data for our packaged game systems is not accessible to users. What you can do is to use the editor to make modifications to that system.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
tooley1chris

Old October 24th, 2013, 12:49 PM
This really means additions but not changes? So because original CoC has no racial options with character generation, neither will I be able to add that option to the duplicate system?
*Sigh* I really hope you good people throw some love at BRP soon. (Not that I'm not spending enough on your Pathfinder materials. Haha )
tooley1chris is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 24th, 2013, 12:53 PM
You can accomplish a lot of changes by using replacements. Also, CoC's equipment lists are already arranged by era, so it's simpler here to replace the entire equipment list than in Pathfinder or one of the other game systems.
Mathias is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
tooley1chris

Old October 24th, 2013, 02:21 PM
If I can't put a Selectable Races option in character generation then it's useless for BRP in a fantasy setting. Still, I wish I knew all you know about the authoring kit. I'D just start from scratch.
tooley1chris is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 24th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Switch the character to being an NPC, change the race, then switch back to being a PC. The race selection will stay in place.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
tooley1chris

Old October 24th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Ugh! See what I mean? Genius! I'm back in business.... at least for a minute. Thanks!
Got some all too obvious way of changing $ to coins like silver, copper?
tooley1chris is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 24th, 2013, 03:05 PM
That's not an option at this point. You'd need to rebuild the entire purchase system along with all the visual elements related to purchases to change that.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
tooley1chris

Old October 24th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Hmmm...I could create new inventory items called Silver Pieces and whatnot, with a $ value...make them stackable.
tooley1chris is offline   #9 Reply With Quote