Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Shadowrun
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

lordmaxx

Old September 20th, 2014, 07:12 PM
I have a character who is locked from new creation. He's a brawling adept with Critical Strike 4. He wants to buy a Qi Focus for Critical strike to add 2 more to it.

Now if this were character creation mode... If I add a Qi Focus and select critical strike I'm able to select unarmed combat as is correct and his Critical strike shows 4/6

But the character is locked from character creation and the drop down is no longer there it just says -Choose- in text next to Critical strike and does not allow me to choose Unarmed combat so it doesn't actually increase that power. Also if I just activate it and go into advancements and just up the power by 2 that just throws in all sorts of validation errors.

Am I missing something?
lordmaxx is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
AndrewD2

Old September 20th, 2014, 07:19 PM
My guess is a bug and you should report it in the stickied thread in the forum.
AndrewD2 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 20th, 2014, 08:10 PM
When you're in advancement mode, and you're buying an item that needs to be customized, be very careful to purchase it using the "Customize" button, not the "Add" button, and make sure you fill in all the customizations before leaving the form, because a lot of things will no longer be modifiable once you've finished purchasing the item.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
lordmaxx

Old September 21st, 2014, 07:23 AM
I did do it that way and still does not allow me to choose. The particular skill I'm trying to modify is Critical Strike connected to Unarmed Combat. I was able to confirm this bug.

Open the Brawling Adept that comes stock with the module in the shadowrun5 folder under portfolios.

Lock him for advancement. Go to journal and give him some cash and karma to buy and bind the thing

Go to gear and press add, select Qi Focus, customize, Rating 4, Add new powers, select Critical Strike There is no option to choose unarmed combat it just says Choose and is not selectable. The help text on the right says "Adept powers must be modified via the advances tab once character is locked for play"

But I can't do that because he is maxed out at 5 PP, yet the Qi Focus should be outside that point total.

Last edited by lordmaxx; September 21st, 2014 at 02:58 PM.
lordmaxx is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Agonar

Old September 21st, 2014, 08:20 PM
I bugged this a while ago as well.

What I did was imported the brawling adept. Swapped priorities around to give it magic 6 to closer mimic your problem. It now had an extra PP, so I put it into critical strike, giving it rank 4 now.

After other tweaks in the priorities, I was able to lock the character for advancement. I gave it enough karma to bond the qi focus, and I bought a Qi focus, customized it, and bought it at rating 4. I did not select powers just yet.

After the focus is bought, go back to Advancement tab, and UNLOCK your character. Now go back to gear, customize the focus. Now you can add the power (Critical Strike), and boost the power up to 6 (you select the level you will be after the Focus is in effect).

Lock the character one again, and it works.
Agonar is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 22nd, 2014, 07:04 AM
Sorry, looks like there's a bug in critical strike that's preventing that one from working. I've added that one to my to-do list.
Mathias is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
lordmaxx

Old September 22nd, 2014, 08:19 AM
Thanks Mathias!

If I unlock the character, everything he has purchased, skills, gear etc will get charged to his beginning 'stats' and there will be validation errors.

I just added the Qi Focus, didnt select anything and adjusted the brawlers Unarmed combat by 2 in the personal tab.
lordmaxx is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 22nd, 2014, 08:40 AM
Try buying the Qi focus in advancement mode, and add the power, and ignore the error message. Then switch to creation mode, and you should now be able to edit the power to select the skill, and then switch back to advancement mode.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
lordmaxx

Old September 22nd, 2014, 12:35 PM
That would work if this were the first thing I was doing. This character has gone through advancement a few times...bought stuff, spent karma, been awarded things. Unlocking the character would throw the validation into a bit of a loop with all the extra stuff and stats.

I'll play around with it some, but I'm ok with my quick fix till it's updated. He just has to remember to activate his focus.
lordmaxx is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 22nd, 2014, 01:21 PM
Even if the validations are temporarily incorrect, you should still be able to switch back and forth.
Mathias is offline   #10 Reply With Quote