Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old May 17th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorangriel View Post
1. Allow spells to roll damage, just like weapons can. This way the character's level, any feats, traits or other adjustments he/she has can be figured in automatically.
This has been requested for awhile for spells. So I would assume once they do it for the desktop software it will come to the iPad.

Quote:
2. Allow the Magus Arcane Pool ability to actually modify the active weapon the character has equipped.
My advice is keep your weapon as a custom one. Then you can edit that on the iPad and add the effects of plus or abilities like Fire.

Quote:
3. Create a new character that the player can switch to if the character casts a summon monster spell (this can be modified by celestial/fiendish templates as well as Augmented summoning etc)
A .por file can already hold multiple characters. Also the Community Player Pack has all the level 1 and level 2 summon monsters setup as .stock files. So what you do is import the most common summon monsters into your .por file. Then when your on the iPad you can easily switch to them and run them from the iPad.

Quote:
4. Wizard and cleric special abilities that are usable a number of times per day like Acid Dart (Sp) or Fire Bolt (Sp) should be able to be rolled for attack and damage, just like any other weapon.
To do the attack rolls install the "TouchAttacks" addon that allows you to add a "Touch Attack" and "Ranged Touch Attack" weapon to your character. Then the iPad app can roll the attack for you. Plus you can pick it with feats like Weapon Focus so the value will be correct.

It does nothing for damage but its a start.
Quote:
5. Critical threats and critical misses (i.e. rolling 1 and 19, 20 or whatever the critical range of the currently used weapon is) should be more apparent in the roll window.
Agree and has been mentioned several times. I would not be surprised if its not in the next release of the software....

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #101 Reply With Quote
Lorangriel

Old May 17th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Sorry if I was redundant. I looked but didn't find the info anywhere.

All, good info to know, Shadow! Thanks.
Question: on 4: Does the touchattacks addon allow you to use int instead of Dex or str to determine hit? Since this is what some of those attacks do?

Lorangriel
Lorangriel is offline   #102 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 17th, 2013, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Question: on 4: Does the touchattacks addon allow you to use int instead of Dex or str to determine hit? Since this is what some of those attacks do?
Hmm it does not actually do that currently. Actually that would make for a very good "Adjustment" actually so that you could change ANY weapon to use any ability score. Hmm would need one for Attack and one for Damage but with the new Tags Aaron made that would be pretty easy to do....

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #103 Reply With Quote
lortondm

Old May 17th, 2013, 08:17 PM
RavenX suggested I repost this here. I've exported my user file to iPad. After the bug fix at the start of this week that worked fine. But it didn't seem automatically to bring over things created with added datafiles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lortondm View Post
I'm really loving the iPad app. It's fantastic. Kudos to the company for developing that!

Also, I recently discovered the various third party datafiles that exist and I've downloaded those and set them up as secondary source updates. So, for instance, I installed RavenX's Dark Sun files and a bunch of others.

So I can create a Dark Sun Gladiator with the Gold Dwarf race from Forgotten Realms (FR being another new dataset I downloaded). Works fine inside Hero Lab on my desktop. But how do I get the associated files/data that stand behind that character/portfolio onto the iPad?

As things stand now when I send the gold dwarf gladiator to my iPad and open it, a bunch of errors pop up and it's missing most of the data associated with that character.

Computer geniuses on the forum, please tell me it's possible to mix and match all these exotic things and get them onto the iPad app, too? Thanks.
lortondm is offline   #104 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old May 18th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lortondm View Post
RavenX suggested I repost this here. I've exported my user file to iPad. After the bug fix at the start of this week that worked fine. But it didn't seem automatically to bring over things created with added datafiles.
Most of your info is located in this POST. As your using the community Darksun package its really easy to just setup the URL again on the iPad and download the .hl file.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #105 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old May 18th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Thanks for that Chemosh, I've set up my ipad to use the data now too.
RavenX is offline   #106 Reply With Quote
lortondm

Old May 21st, 2013, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Most of your info is located in this POST. As your using the community Darksun package its really easy to just setup the URL again on the iPad and download the .hl file.
Thanks ShadowChemosh. It took me while to figure out what you're saying so for those similarly dense I thought I'd spell it out. In the iPad Hero Lab app, go to View Updates.

Then go to Add New Update Source. The community packages I'm using are at http://www.shadowsoftware.net/herola...rd/updates/xml.

The you'll see new packages underneath the Check for Updates Now section. You touch one you want. It downloads. Then you install it and it appears in the Installed Updates section.

One final note, I've found that there are errors with two packages that if I install them cause all of my portfolios to bomb with error messages -- (1) the Shadowsfall - Temple of Orcus package that shows up as an option automatically when you install the iPad app; and (2) the d20pfsrd Community Bestiary (and no, I didn't also install the Community Player Pack). I'll leave a separate posting on those problems in the hopes they get fixed.

Thanks to both ShadowChemosh and RavenX.
lortondm is offline   #107 Reply With Quote