Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Authoring Kit

Notices

Noctifer

Old June 10th, 2014, 03:05 AM
...so as I delve into game design with Hero Labs, one of the things I noticed was missing from the Authoring Wiki was instruction on setting up your own game system logo (the one that appears on the 'Select a Game' window). Based on my own fiddling and searching these forums (pertinent hits are here, here, here), here's what I came up with as a guideline:

Quote:
To create your own Game System Logo, create a .bmp file in your favorite graphics editor and save it as logo.bmp in your game data directory. The logo cannot be larger than 172 pixels wide and 64 pixels tall. The background color, if you need one, should be set to #000032 (or RGB (0, 0, 50)) so that it appears seamlessly against the background on the 'Select a Game' Window. The color depth must be 8bits/channel (any different and you're likely to generate a 'Bad Read' error).

Coding for the Game System Logo is internal to the Hero Lab software, so there are no elements or attributes you can change in the Skeleton Files (presumably, this is to ensure the 'Select a Game' window remains consistent for the end user which, honestly, is quite a good idea).
For designers more experienced than I: Is this accurate? I'm particularly interested in the accuracy of that last line... I'd think there might be an undocumented element that might allow for a different 'transparent' color, but its not really all that necessary. It seems that an element/attribute combination beyond that would likely break the 'Select a Game' window.

Thoughts?
Noctifer is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
BoomerET

Send a message via ICQ to BoomerET Send a message via Yahoo to BoomerET Send a message via Skype™ to BoomerET

Old June 10th, 2014, 03:04 PM
I see you've found all the posts from me <grin>

and there are quite a few things likely missing from the Authoring Wiki, look up the last time anything was updated, is it still 2009?

Even that aside, I still constantly use the Authoring Wiki, as well as ask questions here.

I've never messed with the background color, I just add an alpha layer and the **** just works.

BoomerET

Castles & Crusades Ruleset for Hero Lab
Hero Lab (5E D&D) -> Fantasy Grounds Character Converter
BoomerET is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Noctifer

Old June 13th, 2014, 02:52 AM
I did indeed, thank you I'll play around with the alpha layer a bit and add that in, thanks!
Noctifer is offline   #3 Reply With Quote