Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 24th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Christmas is almost upon us, and we have the latest news about Realm Works. Check out our latest update here!

If you have any questions, please ask them here in this thread! We'll try to answer your questions as soon as we can, but please keep in mind than many of our staff members will be enjoying various holiday celebrations over the next two weeks, so we may be a little slower to respond.

Happy Holidays from the Realm Works development team and the rest of the Lone Wolf Development staff!
liz is offline   #1
EightBitz

Old December 24th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by liz View Post
Christmas is almost upon us, and we have the latest news about Realm Works. Check out our latest update here!

If you have any questions, please ask them here in this thread! We'll try to answer your questions as soon as we can, but please keep in mind than many of our staff members will be enjoying various holiday celebrations over the next two weeks, so we may be a little slower to respond.

Happy Holidays from the Realm Works development team and the rest of the Lone Wolf Development staff!
Vaporware. Thanks for trying.
EightBitz is offline   #2
Aleslosh

Old December 24th, 2013, 12:55 PM
It's good to hear that you guys are taking a break! Cya in the new year.
Aleslosh is offline   #3
brenthberry

Old December 24th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EightBitz View Post
I disagree with the above sentiment completely. I appreciate Lone Wolf's efforts. Especially working extreme shifts to try to get it to us before Christmas. I've met several of them before at different conventions, including Liz, and know that they are great people putting together a great product.

I have several campaigns that I'm anxious to get put into Realmworks and tested before running them at one of my local game stores, so I'm as anxious as everyone here to get it in my hands. That being said, I appreciate the hard work that the team is putting in getting this done, and have faith that they know when it's ready.

THANK YOU!

Happy Holidays!
brenthberry is offline   #4
zarlor

Old December 24th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Quote:
Vaporware is software that doesn't even exist. Since I have a copy of Realm Works on my computer at this very moment that is running great (minus the functionality and issues LWD has mentioned) then it simply can't be Vaporware. Sure, it may not have been released on the schedules they originally expected, and updated, for it and there is certainly and argument to be made against it because of that (or more likely a "lesson learned" for LWD to simply never mention even seasons for some kind of release date, because they'll just catch hell for it from comments like the above) but it most assuredly isn't vaporware.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #5
Goreshade

Old December 24th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Quote:
It is starting to feel like that isn't it.
Goreshade is offline   #6
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 24th, 2013, 01:25 PM
@EightBitz: After putting in 100-hour weeks on this end, your comment is at best unnecessary and at worst could delay things further by serving as a DE-motivator to the team. I understand that you're frustrated, but we're all very raw on this end and your comments DO have an impact on us. Please keep this in mind when posting.

@Aleslosh and @brenthberry: Thanks for the votes of support! It's nice to know that our hard work is appreciated. It helps keep us going through the marathon days of getting everything working just right.
rob is offline   #7
Erdrix

Old December 24th, 2013, 02:18 PM
Comments like that are understandable, people are incredibly hyped for it and the let down of not getting our greasy mitts on it sooner is a disappointment, but don't let the comments like that get to you. You guys are doing a fantastic job, get some rest and hit it hard when you get back.
Erdrix is offline   #8
Chemlak

Old December 24th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Rob, you and everyone else on the RW team are doing brilliantly. Yeah, it sucks for people who haven't got RW yet to know that they're not going to get it for a while. Yes, you haven't been able to meet the schedules you were hoping to meet.

It's not as if you haven't been trying. In fact, from your updates and posts here, we know that all of you have been going above and beyond trying to hit your schedules.

I wouldn't wish the pressure you've put yourselves under on anyone. But you've done it, and you haven't complained, and you still keep working.

Don't kill yourselves, enjoy the holiday season.
Chemlak is offline   #9
bodrin

Old December 24th, 2013, 03:09 PM
Quote:
It's not vapourware!

It's an excellent piece of software that works incredibly well.
That also includes all the bugs and quirky crash events.

The lone wolf team are working hard to make this, cut them some slack. Don't throw your dummy out of the pram because it's not been released yet.

Dormio Forte Somnio

Community Created Resources :
Data Package Repositories :
d20pfsrd
Custom Character Sheets
Community Server Setup (Packs)

Hero Lab Help- Video Tutorials and Pathfinder FAQ

Created by the community for the community
bodrin is offline   #10
Closed Thread