Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

salcor

Old December 7th, 2014, 01:52 PM
This discussion has been very helpful, I appreciate it. I will post some pictures is a few days after I finalize a few data entry issues. Although I was wondering, when people are inputting data are they just keeping the data to the world specific information, or are you adding in mechanics as well? What type of mechanic information are people entering into their realm?

Edited: Attached is the image of my Imperial Stormtrooper stat block.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wfnd6k23j5...entry.JPG?dl=0
Salcor

Last edited by salcor; December 7th, 2014 at 03:47 PM. Reason: updating to add picture
salcor is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
cbradshaw007

Old April 8th, 2016, 07:10 AM
Im very happy to have stumbled upon this discussion. For me so far I haven't entered the mechanics. Im using OggDudes generator for NPC creation and just pulling in a picture of the stat block output. After reading this, I may spend some more time adding in the mechanics and a different import for the stat blocks.

Keep it going guys!
cbradshaw007 is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old April 8th, 2016, 08:25 AM
Right now, I'm just entering data. Some of my players are playing classes from the Advanced Player's Guide that I'm not that well versed with, so I might be entering their rules as mechanics, so if something comes up, I have a quick reference and won't have to flip through the book.
EightBitz is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
adzling

Old April 9th, 2016, 09:48 AM
I enter mechanics for our Srun 5e realm that are either unclear in the rules or require house ruling to make work.

This is very prevalent across the entire game system as Catalyst has a problem with writing good, clear, rules that work.
adzling is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Cornelius

Old April 9th, 2016, 11:37 PM
I am playing a RPG where I only have a pdf of the books. I add mechanics as I go, so only the important things get into it. I find that it helps to have them in Realmworks. Especially if I want to find out what the skill or trait really does.

As for the different wording with things like EotE and AoR. I probably will use only one of the wording. That is the the one I would like to see in Realmworks. Maybe I would add the other one in a GM only snippet so I know what the difference is, but not much more than that. If it is only the wording, but not the actual gameplay difference it does not really matter.
Cornelius is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old April 10th, 2016, 06:07 AM
The main entries in Mechanics for me are creatures, traps and diseases. The rest of the mechanics I have in PDFs or can access via d20pfsrd site easily. If the PF ruleset never made it to RW, it wouldn't impact me.

You all seem to be adding what you need and I think that may ultimately be the better approach than dumping the entire kitchen sink in. Considering how many tags would get created that refer to rules, unless Mechanics get a different and very low impact linkage (grey/light blue text and dotted underline maybe) in the near future I don't think I'll purchase/import when they hit the marketplace.
AEIOU is offline   #26 Reply With Quote