Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

FifthWanderer
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old April 30th, 2008, 08:44 AM
I'm reading through the current version of the Authoring kit documentation now. Heavy stuff, but I think it'll make more sense on the second or third read through. The biggest problem I'm having is with the terminology.
FifthWanderer is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 1st, 2008, 12:15 PM
At 05:48 AM 4/28/2008, you wrote:
Quote:
I'm doing the EVERYTHING NOT IN THERE ALREADY custom data file that you've helped me out on so much already, and I was going to go ahead and send it to you next month when it's done anyway. I'm NOT going to include text descriptions beyond what I personally need for everything, due to copyright issues. i.e. for bloodlines I put Parent Clan: X Weakness: Y Disciplines: Z and NICKNAME: BOB in there, but not anything else.

SO, when I'm done, I might save you some MASSIVE time, as long as you like my prereqs coding, or the inclusion of Camarilla custom stuff. (i.e. only OD for this bloodline, or only this bloodline for this devotion ect...)
This would be awesome! It would definitely save significant amounts of time! I look forward to seeing the finished product.
rob is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 1st, 2008, 12:34 PM
At 09:44 AM 4/30/2008, you wrote:
Quote:
I'm reading through the current version of the Authoring kit documentation now. Heavy stuff, but I think it'll make more sense on the second or third read through. The biggest problem I'm having is with the terminology.
A fair chunk of that stuff will be revised and/or replaced with the official release of the full Kit. So definitely familiarize yourself with a lot of the general concepts, but don't spend lots of time on it yet. We've made extensive refinements and revisions to how everything works over the past many months. The net result is much simpler and faster to use. I also think it's much more intuitive now. The concepts are all the same, but the mechanics have changed a fair bit.

We've held off on the major Kit release so that it would be a very solid tool when users finally got it in their hands. We figured that was preferable to releasing something early but with significant issues.
rob is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer

Old May 1st, 2008, 07:53 PM
I would rather you take the extra time than you rush and put out garbage.
FifthWanderer is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
FifthWanderer

Old May 6th, 2008, 07:54 AM
So the current timeline is Mutants & Masterminds sometime soon, then the Authoring Kit after that. Any ETA?

My biggest problem I'm having is I can't make up my mind what game I want to work on after SotC. Either WFRP or SR4.
FifthWanderer is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 8th, 2008, 02:45 AM
At 08:54 AM 5/6/2008, you wrote:
Quote:
So the current timeline is Mutants & Masterminds sometime soon, then the Authoring Kit after that. Any ETA?
The plan is release a public preview of M&M before the end of the month and the Kit goes into Beta by the end of the month.

Quote:
My biggest problem I'm having is I can't make up my mind what game I want to work on after SotC. Either WFRP or SR4.
At this point, it's looking very likely that we'll be doing SR4 files ourselves under license from Catalyst. So WFRP might be a better option to focus on after SotC.
rob is offline   #16 Reply With Quote