Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

bshaw0313

Old November 7th, 2014, 12:27 AM
Wow. I just found the easiest solution ever.

Manually add hit dice, manually add adjustments, let the program yell all it wants about validation errors.

Can't believe I didn't try this first.
bshaw0313 is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 7th, 2014, 12:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bshaw0313 View Post
That's a good solution, and I've been trying to push it on the group. When the problem originally showed itself, I ended up finding the mythic handbook. While great, it seems the highest tier is 12, and my group tends to play into the 90 levels range. They enjoy the act of leveling up too much lol. Makes it really difficult to create worlds when you have lvl 90 creatures running around next to the village of lvl 1 commoners.

The summoner Eidolon won't increase beyond 20 still unfortunately. So even if they take levels in other classes, their Eidolon will be underpowered. Luckily it just means we have to use the old fashioned way (paper and pencil, shudder) to supplement what hero lab can't do.
Mythic Helps but I'm not convinced its a full epic level solution. It feels a lot different in how it works. The arrays do need to keep increasing though, it was covered in the core book and that is something that needs to be fixed when time permits.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old November 7th, 2014, 08:27 AM
Just a note that last update the number of rows in the spellcasting arrays was increased to 50, to accomodate the class templates from monster codex which can be applied to monsters of 20 or more HD. So that is one less barrier for epic stuff.
Aaron is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old November 7th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Just a note that last update the number of rows in the spellcasting arrays was increased to 50, to accomodate the class templates from monster codex which can be applied to monsters of 20 or more HD. So that is one less barrier for epic stuff.
Aaron,

That helps slightly but we also need columns increased. I know past 20th level in the official rules you still get slots for 10th, 11th, etc level spells. These slots don't have spells but they enable you to apply metamagic feats to higher level spells. So that only fixes half the problem right now.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #14 Reply With Quote