Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - World of Darkness

Notices

Warlight

Old November 12th, 2007, 04:42 PM
I know that the cost of Hero Lab only includes one game system, and I own it now for the d20 system. Will I be able to switch that over to WoD, thus losing the d20 functions (that I don't use anymore anyway); or will I have to pay for a new key to open it up?

I'd ask when it will be out, but from the other posts on this forum I'm understanding that it will be out when it comes out.

On a side thought, the main website is rather out of date when it comes to information, especially since is says the rune quest system should have been released back at the beginning of the year.

Thanks in advance,

Warlight
Warlight is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 14th, 2007, 04:22 PM
At 05:42 PM 11/12/2007, you wrote:
Quote:
I know that the cost of Hero Lab only includes one game system, and I own it now for the d20 system. Will I be able to switch that over to WoD, thus losing the d20 functions (that I don't use anymore anyway); or will I have to pay for a new key to open it up?
Since there are a number of folks who bought HL for d20 but REALLY wanted it for one of the licenses we've got coming, we've given this issue a fair amount of thought. I'm working on the backend server stuff right now, and my goal is to make it possible for existing d20 users to switch to a different game system for a limited time after release of the new data files. I haven't solved all the details yet, but that's the plan.

Assuming I get this all working, you will need to contact support@wolflair.com and request the change-over after the new data files are released. We can then make the switch on our end. The expectation is that this offer will run for a number of weeks after initial release and then stop. We'll post more about it once we've got it all nailed down (and verified to be working).

Quote:
I'd ask when it will be out, but from the other posts on this forum I'm understanding that it will be out when it comes out.
Unfortunately, we're waiting on White Wolf at this point. There has been one delay after another on their end, and there's nothing much we can do. The last communication we received from them promised it would all be done today. Alas, we've heard nothing from them today. But the fact that they promised a specific date implies to me that the final sign-off is imminent. <fingers crossed>

Quote:
On a side thought, the main website is rather out of date when it comes to information, especially since is says the rune quest system should have been released back at the beginning of the year.
We just overhauled the website in a massive way. Hopefully, the information is now a little more accurate and complete. If there are things you want us to add, definitely let us know on the main forum (as opposed to here on the WoD forum) and we'll do our best to get them added.
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote