Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

furby076

Old May 6th, 2017, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by taffysaint View Post
For anyone else wondering how to activate the content from the community pack on the ipad:

Select the 'Character Tab' and change the Hero Settings - all the content is in that list but not activated by default.

Thanks for the hard work on this content, makes things soooooooo much better!
So I have the windows version of Hero Lab, and am in Hero setting...what am I looking for? Other than the Psionic handbook, I don't see another option
furby076 is offline   #421 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old May 6th, 2017, 07:57 PM
You should see lots more than the Psionic Handbook.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #422 Reply With Quote
furby076

Old May 7th, 2017, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
You should see lots more than the Psionic Handbook.

Sorry, yes, I see much more than Psionics handbook (not what you see). What I am missing is the new mystic class...If someone started it, and shared it, I would like to get my hands on it so I can take a look (and try to help).
furby076 is offline   #423 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old May 7th, 2017, 01:23 PM
The Mystic class has not been added to the Community Pack yet nor am I aware of anyone working on it.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #424 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old May 7th, 2017, 05:12 PM
A version was added as the Psionic Handbook. It was badly implemented, in my opinion, as it uses the psionic powers as spells so I don't use it. It uses the mystic and the same class name as the Mystic. It caused me all sorts of problems with my version of the Mystic which is set up as abilities that show up under the Inplay tab. When you active an ability, the ability is immediately implemented and applied to the character where such applies.

The Psionic Handbook caused major conflicts with my version which was updated to version 2. I have started upgrading my version to v3, but have a ways to go before I am finished.

Because of all the issues the 5C version caused me, I refuse to have anything to do with it.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #425 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old May 7th, 2017, 05:15 PM
That's the Mystic Handbook not the UA Mystic. Will be completely different content.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #426 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old May 7th, 2017, 05:23 PM
The handbook was based to the UA Mystic and then modified and upgraded. That what caused me so many headaches with mine which unfortunately I created before the Psionic Handbook. Because he used tags and id I'd already used, you can imagine the headaches I had. In the end I had to change a lot of tags and Id's which made all the Mystic characters I created up to that point, unplayable.

Its why I have to always delete the Community packs version of the UA Artificer. It conflicts with mine and I refuse to go through the problems I had with changing my own version of the Artificer.

It one of the things I am starting to hate about some community pack materials. Conflicts with personal material that prevents any non-stock materials from loading.

When I upload materials I always try to make sure my materials won't cause conflicts.

Mergon is offline   #427 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old May 7th, 2017, 05:31 PM
What unique ID are you using for all your stuff? If you are using 5C you shouldn't be as that's the unique ID for the community pack so the only time that should be used is specifically for content that goes into the Community Pack to be used in the same format that the Community Pack provides.

The Psionic Handbook came before the UA Mystic. Long before it.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #428 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old May 7th, 2017, 05:42 PM
If the community scriptwriters used 5C or 5E in ALL there tags there would be no issues.

A lot of my most used stuff (like the Mystic and Artificer didn't include my ID unfortunately - SoE). I used cMystic, cHelpMys, cArtificer, and cHelpArt when I created them. It was a mistake on my part at the time. To change everything would have required my players to re-created or modify literally dozens of characters (like happened with the Mystic).

In my opinion, all the Community materials should have the 5C in all tags; including those for class ID and helpers. <sigh>

I have started including my ID in all my tags. But Id rather do without community material than go through the headaches I experienced with my Mystic version when the Community version came out.

I've had to do this with the Communities' version of the UA Artificer and have not missed it. I have been workign on creating my own version of the UA Artificer, but I have so much on my plate and so little free time to implement it all . . .

Mergon is offline   #429 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old May 7th, 2017, 06:12 PM
Alright so looking at the CP Mystic there is only one 'thing' where the 5C was missed.

It's the Class object though which is cHelpMys. This generally happens because of the special wizard that is used to create Classes. It's the one element that follows a different process to everything else but its not something I can fix. For the same reasons as you just on a much larger scale.

The artificer has way more issues.

I need to think of a way to call this out to people submitting content. I've been taking less of an active role as I've picked up a heap of other work but the nature of the content is that the community should be able to add to the community pack so hmm.

CC3+ Facebook User Group

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #430 Reply With Quote