Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

HereComesPete

Old August 22nd, 2017, 02:49 PM
Hi all,

Been lurking here for a long time but only recently ventured in to the editor to build classes etc, now I'm trying to build a domain and I'm stuck. Managed to get everything else to show as I want so far but divine strike is bugging me.

I'm making a fire cleric and I've used an existing necrotic damage divine strike as a template and I can get the pop out text from the '?' to display fire damage in brackets (even though it shows as 0d8 fire damage, 1/round), but just can't seem to find where I change it in the actual class special ability output as that continues to show as (1d8 necrotic damage).

I know there's another divine strike that says you can pick damage type and I could just settle for that, but I don't want to give up and not know the answer!

Can anyone point me at where I'm missing? Any help gratefully received!
HereComesPete is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old August 24th, 2017, 03:18 PM
Aside from the description text, some of those abilities have an additional summary text. If you go into the editor, the summary text is to the right of the name and ID and it sometimes clips the full text so you might not be seeing it.

The cleric abilities screen shows the summary text, where the popup shows the description text.

The two text fields are not related, so easy to miss updating one if you're copying abilities.
dungeonguru is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
HereComesPete

Old August 25th, 2017, 02:22 AM
Thanks Dungeonguru, I've modified the summary text and there is one less reference to necrotic.

Still one there though! I've attached an image to see if that helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg S1134S.jpg (73.5 KB, 3 views)
HereComesPete is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old August 25th, 2017, 04:21 AM
Have you modified the eval scripts?

On the necrotic one, here is eval script #2 (when you pull up eval scripts, you have to scroll through each script separately - should be a scroll to the far right).

Code:

if (field[xIndex].value >= 2) then
        field[listname].text = field[thingname].text & " (2d8 necrotic damage)"
      else
        field[listname].text = field[thingname].text & " (1d8 necrotic damage)"
        endif
You just replace fire for necrotic.
At this point, you can also open up the .user file you created with a good text editor (I use notepad++) and search for the word necrotic to see where the word is located.
dungeonguru is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
HereComesPete

Old August 25th, 2017, 06:44 AM
Aaah man, what an idiot, didn't even think to scroll down to look at the other script!

Thanks dungeonguru, that's exactly it.
HereComesPete is offline   #5 Reply With Quote