Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

Daniel V
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 19th, 2022, 10:17 AM
Some more die roller improvements going out this week, as well as the remaining abilities and a number of items now also have die rolls.

Important Highlights
  • PF2 - Items now have die roller support, for items such as potions of healing and damaging snares.
  • PF2 - Dice Roller support has been added for additional abilities.

The Nitty Gritty

Changes and Improvements
  • Dice Roller - Die quantity & type can now be edited after making a roll in the dice roller.
  • Dice Roller - Rolls with effects now have a term representing those effects.
  • When there are several rolls with the same effects, instead of repeating the list of effects for each roll, the list of effects is displayed once below all the rolls.
  • PF2 - Added damage type icons to Play tab weapon displays and improved consistency/clarity
  • PF2 - Conditions, combat states, and other character modifications will now display their source beneath their name in the table if they have been granted by something on the character or if one has been specified on a user-added copy.

Bug Fixes
  • PF2 - The talking head familiar was adding the Cantrip Connection master ability to the familiar, not the master.
  • PF2 - The Kobold's Breath feat was displaying a 0/0 usage tracker.
  • PF2 - The Superstitious Resilience ability of the Superstition barbarian instinct was not displaying controls to apply its bonus damage to spellcasters or bonus to saves vs. magic while raging.
  • PF2 - The barbarian's Animal Instinct was not correctly calculating its damage bonus at all levels, and that bonus was being applied as a status bonus.
  • PF2 - Swords selected by the Tengu Weapon Familiarity feat were not displaying as trained options in the purchase table.
  • PF2 - Some ability-granted modifications were appearing in the Temporary Adjustments table instead of the Granted Adjustments table as expected.
  • PF2 - The customization options for a Custom Deity were not being displayed properly.
  • PF2 - In the die roller, the fatal trait would change the die type of extra damage such as sneak attack on crit, rather than just the weapon's damage dice.
Daniel V is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Roadie

Old May 19th, 2022, 04:39 PM
HLO is completely broken in Safari right now. Looks like a bad regex somewhere.
Roadie is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 19th, 2022, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
HLO is completely broken in Safari right now. Looks like a bad regex somewhere.
Hey there,

I'd like to learn a bit more about what you mean but we have the team looking at what might be going on presently regardless. Please contact us via the email you'll find in my signature with any and all context, screenshots, descriptions of what you see when you access any part of the website.

I hope to hear from you soon, thanks!

--
Ryan Furnas
Customer/Technical Support
<support@wolflair.com>
Ryan F is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Roadie

Old May 19th, 2022, 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan F View Post
Hey there,

I'd like to learn a bit more about what you mean but we have the team looking at what might be going on presently regardless. Please contact us via the email you'll find in my signature with any and all context, screenshots, descriptions of what you see when you access any part of the website.

I hope to hear from you soon, thanks!
In this case it's real simple. This is on Safari 15.2 (17612.3.6.1.6), and it shows only a blank page with a broken main script:

The specific lines in the (minified) source are:

Code:
co = String.raw(yi || (yi = Object(Ni.a)(["([+-]?(", ")(b[1-9]d?)?c|(?<=c[1-9])(rm|dm|r|d)?)"], ["([+-]?(", ")(b[1-9]\\d?)?c|(?<=c[1-9])(rm|dm|r|d)?)"])), Ui),
Code:
xo = new RegExp(co, "g"),
Looks dice roll-related, and I would guess it's using something in the regular expression that Safari 15.2 doesn't like.
Roadie is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
gnar

Old May 19th, 2022, 05:51 PM
I checked HLO hours before leaving for my game this evening and everything is fine. I get to my table and i see nothing but a blank white screen on my ipad, I try every browser, clear every cache, nothing but a tabula rasa.

My GM checks HLO on his android phone and it loads, I am lost and confused. I failed to note a recent +2 will save on my improvised character sheet and nearly died to ghost hands of long dead criminal gang members.

Devs, if it turns out to be a regex issue always remember when you try to solve a problem with regex you now have 2 problems.
gnar is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Ryan F
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 19th, 2022, 06:57 PM
Hey there,

Thank you all for the information and reports both here and through other methods. The team came together to crack the issue out with your help. Refreshing the login client should restore most of the intended functionality on the impacted Apple devices.

The hotfix was pushed only a short while ago to implement a workaround for the problem that was uncovered to get things back up and running, but we're also working to root it out in a more permanent manner too.

--
Ryan Furnas
Customer/Technical Support
<support@wolflair.com>
Ryan F is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
gnar

Old May 19th, 2022, 07:04 PM
thanks for the quick fix!
gnar is offline   #7 Reply With Quote