Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

Maidhc O Casain

Old January 24th, 2020, 03:07 PM
I was trying to use Notepad++ to consolidate several of my old .user files into one. It looked relatively simple - just create a new user file, open it in Notepad, and copy/paste the appropriate sections from my old files into the new one.

Now, when I put the new user file into my Pathfinder folder and try to start it up I get the following error message:

Quote:
The data files could not be loaded due to errors. Hero Lab will now attempt to load them in recovery mode. Once loaded, you can access the editor as normal to correct any errors.

The following errors occurred:

File: Maidhc O Casain.user (line 14) - Encountered unknown element tag 'fieldval'
I checked other, "official" user files, and they use this element tag as well. What am I missing? I'm attaching my user file in case it will help.
Attached Files
File Type: email Maidhc O Casain.user (91.0 KB, 3 views)
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 24th, 2020, 03:16 PM
Order matters - here's the wiki page about things: http://hlkitwiki.wolflair.com/index...._Element_(Data) So there, you'll see that the order of the elements (for the ones you've got in your file) is fieldval, usesource, tag, but on line 14, you've got a usesource, and then a field, so once it finds "usesource" it figures all the categories that are supposed to come before that have been skipped, so fieldval is not on the list of things that can come next.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 24th, 2020, 03:17 PM
(the link auto-detection on this forum keeps stripping off final close parentheses)
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old January 24th, 2020, 05:29 PM
Perfect - thank you, Mathias. I've got it all working now!
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #4 Reply With Quote