Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Asandir

Old August 24th, 2016, 05:26 PM
Have an interesting one, that I don't think I have seen before that I am trying to add. New Way called the Arcane Fist. Is it possible in 5th ed to this?

Spellcasting
You have learned a discipline that allows you to transform your ki into magic.
Cantrips. At 3rd level, you learn two cantrips of your choice from the wizard spell list. You learn a third cantrip at 10th level.

Spellbook. Also at 3rd level, you gain a spellbook which contains three 1st-level spells. As your insights into arcane mysteries grow, and you add spells to your spellbook of the highest level you know as per this table. The total number of spells you can record in your spellbook is equal to your Wisdom modifier + half your monk level (minimum 3).

Any input would be appreciated.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old August 29th, 2016, 12:30 PM
I thought there were a couple things in the OGL which add spellcasting to non-caster classes. Doesn't the fighter and rogue both have something like that?
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mergon

Old August 29th, 2016, 05:17 PM
I think its on the the monk subclasses that allows a monk to cast spells with Ki.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old August 29th, 2016, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
I thought there were a couple things in the OGL which add spellcasting to non-caster classes. Doesn't the fighter and rogue both have something like that?
Ahh, the Eldritch Knight for the fighter. Builds it out as an eval script to give selectable spells from the Wizards Spell List.

Have to look again and see if the monk in this case is getting selectable spell list or just ki points to cast certain spells, which, a couple of the monastic traditions do simply by listing the spell and the number of Ki points required as part of the special ability.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #4 Reply With Quote