Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Asandir

Old October 16th, 2015, 03:27 PM
I have Realm Works installed on several computers, including one work machine. The problem is that the way our stuff works at the office, is that the default save location is a small personal network drive location. With the backups getting larger, in conjunction with the few other things I have stored there for work, it can only hold about 4 backups.

The question is: Is there a way to have that computer remap the save location for the backups on to the C drive My Documents directory kind of deal.

Thank you.

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum.
Asandir is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old October 17th, 2015, 01:50 AM
Well, the easy way would be to manually relocate the backup files from your network location to your computer harddisk. Simply cut'n'paste.

Be aware, though, that I would imagine, that your network location has a backup system in place in order to keep your files in case of a disk failure or something - your hard disk on your work computer probably has no backup system and files lost here are truly lost.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old October 17th, 2015, 07:04 AM
Not within Realm Works.

If you have cloud services and you're not heavily using Realm Works at work, I'd just delete (most of) the automatic backups RW makes. If something goes wrong, restore from the last backup or RW's server.

Parody is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Vargr

Old October 17th, 2015, 10:06 AM
Ah - I thought we were talking about user-initiated backups.

Vargr
Deputy Calendar Champion

Legend has it, that the Tarrasque is a huge fighting beast, perpetually hungry.
Sleet entered History when he managed to get on the back of a Tarrasque only to be ridden out of History shortly after.

Using Realm Works, Worldographer (Hexographer 2), LibreOffice, Daz3D Studio, pen & paper for the realm World of Temeon and the system LEFD - both homebrewed.

Vargr is offline   #4 Reply With Quote