Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

FluffyDingo

Old March 12th, 2015, 01:36 AM
Hey all, I've got an item that adds channel resistance if the wearer is an undead. Currently I have channel resistance bootstrapped on with the condition of:

fieldval:gIsEquip <> 0 & HasType.tpUndead <> 0

at First 500. Well, it works just fine if the base race is undead, but doesn't register the wearer being undead if the type was gained via template. I ASSUME it's a timing issue, but I've tried a gambit of them, and no luck. Looked like templates had Override Type at First 510, and looking at Tasks for type it said Activate Overridden Type at First 525, but I've tried a range from 500, 515, 530, even 5000, and still no luck. Something I'm missing here?
FluffyDingo is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
frumple

Old March 12th, 2015, 04:10 AM
First, the expression should be with out the <> 0 at the end

Code:
fieldval:gIsEqip <> 0 & HasType.Undead
Also, I think you need to look for the tags that override/replace/augment types in addition to HasType. So you statement would be:

Code:
fieldval:gisEquip <> 0 & (HasType.tpUndead | OverTyp.tpUndead | TypeAndAug.tpUndead | TypeNoEff.tpUndead)
frumple is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 12th, 2015, 07:16 AM
Channel resistance is a pick that stores and displays a value. If the value is 0, it will hide itself, so this can be handled with a normal script, not a bootstrap condition. That way, you can work late enough to properly test the Type tags after they've all been processed.
Mathias is online now   #3 Reply With Quote
FluffyDingo

Old March 13th, 2015, 05:37 PM
Awesome, I got this working now no problem, just one last thing to polish it off. I need to apply the creature type of Undead (Augmented) in a script. I have traits and everything else working fine, and while I was originally just applying a template when a checkbox was activated, it had some issues so I just built it into the item itself (allowed me to modify a few things too). I've dug around a bit, but no real luck at finding an answer, so figured I'd ask how to apply a type change in a script. Thanks!
FluffyDingo is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
FluffyDingo

Old March 14th, 2015, 01:52 AM
Nevermind I found the answer lol, it was what it should have logically have been, but apparently it was too easy for me to solve earlier.
FluffyDingo is offline   #5 Reply With Quote