Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Nikmal

Old March 2nd, 2015, 10:27 PM
and I did not put it there. When I hover over it with my mouse it says it is deprecated. How do I get rid of the line through the topic as that is annoying and I want to use those topics as normally.
Nikmal is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old March 2nd, 2015, 11:12 PM
Was its Category "Package Starting Point"? Those were marked as Deprecated, according to the Release Notes for build 186.

Likely you need to switch it to a different Category, perhaps by duplicating its Category so you can unhook it from the Globally Deprecated one.

(This is one of the reasons I only use custom categories.)

Added: I had a Package Starting Point Topic in one of my test realms, so I started playing with it. RW crashed* when I tried to duplicate the Topic to a different Category and when I tried to duplicate the deprecated Category. I haven't tried just changing its Category to a different one yet because for now I don't want to lose it. (The UI blocks you from duplicating Topics/Articles using Deprecated Categories.)

* Well, threw an exception that wasn't handled until the bug reporter. These are operations that should be allowed, though.

Last edited by Parody; March 3rd, 2015 at 02:37 AM. Reason: Futzing with capitals and other minor things. Plus some crashing bugs.
Parody is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Nikmal

Old March 4th, 2015, 01:29 AM
Parody you were correct that is what happened. I managed to change the topic category to another one and it worked well. But trying to copy it to another topic does create a crash too.

Thanks for the advice.
Nikmal is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
davidp
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 4th, 2015, 04:51 PM
The crashes that have occurred with deprecated categories will be fixed in the next release.
davidp is offline   #4 Reply With Quote