Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Asandir

Old March 13th, 2013, 05:28 PM
I know it is possible to setup a custom list for a feat where you use the custom expression and you use component and then a bunch of the thingid's for what you want to select.

My question is can you use this same functionality on a feat to select multiple things?

The feat is called Variable Curse and it allows you to select five curses and then each day you roll a d6 to see what curse is affecting you that day.

Is this possible?
Asandir is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Aaron

Old March 13th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Feats can only select 2 things themselves, if you need to select more than that, you'll have to set up a configurable to work with the feat. I believe there is an example, the Demonic Boon feat from one of the Books of the Damned that you can use.
Aaron is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 13th, 2013, 11:22 PM
It sounds like you'd be better off setting up an array-based menu, and then having that single feat apply the effects of each curse, depending on what selection you've made, instead of trying to set up an activation method, where the main feat applies a tag to the curse that's currently active, and that curse then turns itself on if it detects that tag.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Asandir

Old March 14th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
It sounds like you'd be better off setting up an array-based menu, and then having that single feat apply the effects of each curse, depending on what selection you've made, instead of trying to set up an activation method, where the main feat applies a tag to the curse that's currently active, and that curse then turns itself on if it detects that tag.
I'll look at that and see if I can get that figured out. Thanks.
Asandir is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old March 14th, 2013, 07:30 AM
Code:

if (compare(field[usrSelect].text,"First Curse's Name") = 0) then
  ~apply the first curse's effect
elseif (compare(field[usrSelect].text,"Second Curse's Name") = 0) then
  ~apply the second curse's effect
  endif
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote