Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > HLO - Starfinder

Notices

TheMaskedFerret

Old March 11th, 2019, 12:09 PM
So, I don't know if any of the Devs have had a chance to play Starfinder Society, and then tried to enter a number of chronicle sheets in the journal at the same time, but.... it is a painful process. I had to correct 3 different characters this week, and it took forever. There were several different pain points that I would like to go over. I am entering these issues in no particular order.
  • Bug Report: On SFS Character with no Faction purchases, Journal missing SFS-specific fields - When you create a character and mark them as a Starfinder Society character, then add a journal without having purchased a faction, many of the fields that should show up for a SFS character do not appear in the journal. ((Reported, below too))
  • Feature Request: Please add a Day Job box to the Journal for Starfinder Society characters - For Society journals, please add a box for Day Job, that would allow us to enter the value from the Day Job box on the chronicle sheet without having to do math outside of Hero Lab. ((Reported))
  • Feature Request: Please add Reputation Counters for each faction that a character has faction with to the Journal Tab. - For Society Characters, please add some fields to the Journal Tab, in the Totals section, that will show the current amount of reputation with each faction you have reputation with, as well as the Reputation tier for that faction. ((Reported))
  • Feature Request: When you create a new journal entry, please open up the Journal dialog for the entry you just added - This is a general quality of life request for using the Journal - as it works right now, when you click the [+] button to add a new journal entry, the new journal entry is dropped to the end of the table, and you have to scroll all the way down to the bottom to edit it, if you have a large number of entries. If the journal dialog opened immediately, I would not have to scroll all the way to the end. ((Reported))
  • Feature Request: When updating the Journal, when you click the [Add Wealth or XP] button, please clear the values in the "Add Wealth or XP" block - This is especially relevant for Society play, as it is possible to get reputation from multiple different factions for the same chronicle sheet. ((Reported))
  • Feature Request: For journal, please add support for the date format "YYYY-MM-DD" - I prefer to enter my dates in the "YYYY-MM-DD" format. This format is also easier to sort. Examples: 2018-03-11 and 0318-03-11((Reported))
  • Feature Request: For journal, please add a date sort option - Please add a date sort option, both for the Real date and the Game dates. ((Reported))
  • Feature Request: For journal, please add a filter/search option - Please add the ability to filter the journal entries, and to search them (especially the notes at the bottom). ((Reported))
  • Feature Request (by loki.the.mischievous): add the Journal to the print options area, just as HLC has. ((Reported by loki.the.mischievous))
  • Feature Request (by loki.the.mischievous): The second will be most beneficial to SFS players who use the journal to track adventures played, XP/ credits gained, etc. That request is to open journal entries up to attach a .PDF so SFS players, or anyone else who uses the Journal, can attach items like chronicle sheets. As the application pushes forward to become usable by both players and GMs to use live at tables, this will provide an easy lookup tool for a GM to perform character audits. ((Reported by loki.the.mischievous))