Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old February 23rd, 2016, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bordercount View Post
I keep seeing spell descriptions referencing The (Not Really) Complete Tome of Spells. What exactly is this?
The layout in the "Configure Your Hero" has been redone to help show that this is from a Third Party Publisher. Should be more clear that its not a WotC book or option. This includes a few other 3PP's that are being added in.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #41 Reply With Quote
culhwch1066

Old March 18th, 2016, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
This example completely changes the exiting description for Earth Master special ability:
Code:
var descTxt as string

call CalcValue

descTxt = "Creature gains a " & signed(field[abValue].value) & " bonus on attack and damage rolls if both it and its foe are touching the ground. If an opponent is airborne or waterborne, the elemental takes a " & signed(field[abValue2].value) & " penalty on attack and damage rolls. These modifiers apply to bull rush and overrun maneuvers, whether the elemental is initiating or resisting these kinds of attacks."

perform state.thing[xCBErthMas].amendthing[description,descTxt]
I'm trying to modify the summary text of an ability (replacing damage type with what abText was set to when bootstrapped). The editor dislikes this:
perform state.thing[xCBErthMas].amendthing[summary,descTxt] What's the syntax to change the summary text?
culhwch1066 is offline   #42 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old March 18th, 2016, 11:10 PM
If your keen to get the placeholders replaced with useful text then please consider joining the Community Team in our effort to replace the text with paraphrased text.

We legally can't do a direct copy of the fluff text. So there are already a few people working to make that text min 20% different and updating the Community Pack accordingly.

This would also be alot easier than having to maintain your own files. Keeping in mind that if you edit one of our files, then that file will be over-ridden the next time we do an update. And based on how many monsters Panda is pumping out, that's going to be pretty soon
daplunk is offline   #43 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old March 19th, 2016, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by culhwch1066 View Post
I'm trying to modify the summary text of an ability (replacing damage type with what abText was set to when bootstrapped). The editor dislikes this:
perform state.thing[xCBErthMas].amendthing[summary,descTxt] What's the syntax to change the summary text?
First I agree with daplunk and want to say if you are modifiying the community files you are going to be not happy when the next update simply overwrites all your work.

Finally the above changes "descriptions" on Things and you are asking about changing summary text on Picks. If what I said makes no sense I would recommend reading the Glossary of Terms for the Editor. Then check out FAQ#2 for all the places to learn about the editor including YouTube videos.

In simple terms your answer is:
Code:
field[abSumm].text = "blah blah"

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #44 Reply With Quote
culhwch1066

Old March 19th, 2016, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
First I agree with daplunk and want to say if you are modifiying the community files you are going to be not happy when the next update simply overwrites all your work.

Finally the above changes "descriptions" on Things and you are asking about changing summary text on Picks. If what I said makes no sense I would recommend reading the Glossary of Terms for the Editor. Then check out FAQ#2 for all the places to learn about the editor including YouTube videos.

In simple terms your answer is:
Code:
field[abSumm].text = "blah blah"
Thanks for the info!!

Actually, I'm modifying an included ability (Divine Strike) to use abText that's set in the domains that use it to display the correct type of damage in the description and summary.

In searching other forums, I noticed that setting abSumm won't change it in the class tab, but since I also display the damage type along with the the die to roll in parentheses, that's a minor annoyance.
culhwch1066 is offline   #45 Reply With Quote
SirCuddleBeard

Old April 14th, 2018, 10:04 AM
2018 now. I just bought the 5e SRD, creating a bard, and I have the college of lore, but not the college of valor. wtf?

Am I missing some esoteric tidbit that only the 'elites' know about how to use this thing?
SirCuddleBeard is offline   #46 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old April 16th, 2018, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCuddleBeard View Post
2018 now. I just bought the 5e SRD, creating a bard, and I have the college of lore, but not the college of valor. wtf?

Am I missing some esoteric tidbit that only the 'elites' know about how to use this thing?
Our current D&D 5e offering is based on the SRD document that Wizards released in early 2016. There is a limited selection in some areas such as sub-races, backgrounds, and spells.

While WE can only provide the content that Wizards has allowed us to provide, our amazing community has made available a bunch of content to make up for the missing content. Check out the Community Pack:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55090

There are tutorial links on that page... It's really easy and quick to install and it fills in a treasure trove of missing information. Including the College of Valor
Rone is offline   #47 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old April 16th, 2018, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rone View Post
. Check out the Community Pack:

http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55090

There are tutorial links on that page... It's really easy and quick to install and it fills in a treasure trove of missing information. Including the College of Valor
Thanks Rone, was typing up a reply myself to say the very same.

The other thing to remember, once you follow the community instructions on how to install the community pack is that you will have to Configure Hero (or hit Ctrl-K) on any hero that you've already tried to create and make sure that the community additions are checked before they will show up for that character. You will need to this for each character in a portfolio individually as the sources applied to a hero or NPC are "per character".
dungeonguru is offline   #48 Reply With Quote