Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects

Notices

Dysfunctional_apps

Old August 25th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Thanks to everyone's continued patience will I sort these tweaks out:

v1.0e
--------

Fixed issue where some characters attacks would not import correctly due to inconsistencies in the xml within the portfolio - reimport to correct attacks.
Dysfunctional_apps is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
Dysfunctional_apps

Old August 30th, 2014, 01:02 PM
v1.0f
-------
Fixed issue for loading spells for archetypes, for example in the .por spells listed as "Sorcerer", spellclass listed as "Sorcerer (Tattooed Sorcerer, Wildblooded)", the spells and casts per level etc... would not link up.

Also fixed issues where the attribute that a skill is based on (i.e. Acrobatics is based on DEX) would not import correctly, this is due to inconsistencies in the portfolio, this then affected Stat Linking.

Reimport to see both fixes for your character.

Last edited by Dysfunctional_apps; August 30th, 2014 at 01:10 PM.
Dysfunctional_apps is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
Dysfunctional_apps

Old September 1st, 2014, 06:37 AM
Advice wanted:

If you were using the free Lite version, would you rather have the banner ad always displaying (not great on small screens), or would you rather have a large ad that pops up every now and then?
Dysfunctional_apps is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
Ladyofdragons

Old September 2nd, 2014, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysfunctional_apps View Post
Advice wanted:

If you were using the free Lite version, would you rather have the banner ad always displaying (not great on small screens), or would you rather have a large ad that pops up every now and then?
me, I prefer the little thing to the pop-up. sure, less screen space on my droid 4, but I can ignore the little banner well enough. However, if you're going for as annoying as possible to push people towards a purchase, the pop up would definitely annoy me more.

-------------------------------------
"...You're going to backstab him with a ballista?"
Ladyofdragons is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
charlieluce

Old September 2nd, 2014, 02:54 PM
I'd agree with this. I'm unlikely to use the app on my little phone, and on my tablet the small ad is much easier to ignore as long as it isn't set up to obscure something important (like in one crappy die rolling app I tried out).

Currently Running: Pathfinder Second Edition
Currently Playing:
Pathfinder First Edition, Star Trek Adventures
Former HL Games: D&D 4e & 5e, Mutants & Masterminds 2E & 3E, Savage Worlds
charlieluce is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
Dysfunctional_apps

Old September 3rd, 2014, 12:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyofdragons
me, I prefer the little thing to the pop-up. sure, less screen space on my droid 4, but I can ignore the little banner well enough. However, if you're going for as annoying as possible to push people towards a purchase, the pop up would definitely annoy me more.
On phones, the banner is the smallest pre-set size that adView provides, you can do custom sizes but I have read that you might get blank ads due to weird sizes so have avoided that so I don't get in trouble with Google for not adhering to their guidelines.

I'm currently coding a UI revamp, this will allow tablets to utilise the full screen rather than having it split as it currently is. This will allow small tablets to benefit from a portrait mode.

I am also making a portrait mode for phones as well, this is the bit taking time as the portrait mode on tablets is just the normal view but shrunk a bit to fit in the narrower space. This does not work very well on phones, so I am making a new view especially for phones.

Once the portrait mode is enabled for phones the banner should be less intrusive than before.

I am also considering giving users the option to choose between the pop-ups and banner, because whilst it's nice for people to purchase the paid for version, I'd still like to give people the chance to try it out and be happy with the functionality first, if they open it and just see a chunk of the screen taken up by adverts they may not even try to get to like the app.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieluce
I'd agree with this. I'm unlikely to use the app on my little phone, and on my tablet the small ad is much easier to ignore as long as it isn't set up to obscure something important (like in one crappy die rolling app I tried out).
I agree that is quite annoying, and is actually against Google's guidelines.
Dysfunctional_apps is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Dysfunctional_apps

Old September 26th, 2014, 03:49 PM
Looking for Beta testers of the latest version of the apps, if you are interested please join this community:

https://plus.google.com/communities/...19435790454610

I will try to approve requests to join within 24hrs

EDIT: Apologies if you tried to join and couldn't, when I set it up it asked if I wanted to hide it from searches, I thought if a gave you the link it would be ok, I didn't realise it would make it invite only, it's been changed so you can ask to join now.

Last edited by Dysfunctional_apps; September 26th, 2014 at 10:23 PM.
Dysfunctional_apps is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
ethernetguru

Old September 29th, 2014, 09:04 AM
Any chance of getting support for other HL supported games?

SR5 and MM ?
ethernetguru is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Dysfunctional_apps

Old September 29th, 2014, 12:23 PM
I'd love to add support for other games, but I've still got quite alot of work making the current version a better user experience (primarily improving the import process - which the beta addresses and adding portrait mode for phones). I also do this in my spare time, so it's quite a lot to fit in as well as job and family. As well as that I haven't played Shadow Run or Mutants & Masterminds.

Maybe when the Pathfinder version is a bit more polished I can look to expand. I think the fact that Lone Wolf's own Hero Lab app for the iPad only supports Pathfinder indicates how big this to do, and they have a team and experience to do it.

Last edited by Dysfunctional_apps; September 30th, 2014 at 10:57 AM.
Dysfunctional_apps is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
Dysfunctional_apps

Old October 7th, 2014, 01:52 PM
Initial implementation of phone portrait mode now in test, hopefully not long until available to all
Dysfunctional_apps is offline   #20 Reply With Quote