Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

Dr_Automaton

Old April 22nd, 2017, 05:11 AM
Now that we have a global scan for new content links option (yay!), it would be nice to be able to also chuck out the old links beforehand. This would be especially useful in cases where text was previously designated as a "non-link", preventing it from properly linking to new content created later.
Dr_Automaton is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old April 22nd, 2017, 05:31 AM
I'll +1 this
ErinRigh is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old April 22nd, 2017, 05:57 AM
I don't think clearing ALL content links would be that helpful. Clearing items previously marked as "non-links" only would. overall, be more useful. Most of the time, the things I have marked as links i would want to keep as links, and clearing them would create more approval pop-ups than I would want to bother with.
Silveras is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ErinRigh

Old April 22nd, 2017, 07:22 AM
true, didn't think of that
ErinRigh is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Dr_Automaton

Old April 22nd, 2017, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
I don't think clearing ALL content links would be that helpful. Clearing items previously marked as "non-links" only would. overall, be more useful. Most of the time, the things I have marked as links i would want to keep as links, and clearing them would create more approval pop-ups than I would want to bother with.
Cool. So just to clarify, this request is for users other than people like Silveras who apparently have never made a mistake when it comes to linking content in RW. Obviously, using this feature would be optional, allowing the users who do want to bother with it to do so.

In the Quick Edit menu are options to both search for new links and to clear existing links on a per topic basis. I'm requesting that the Clear All Content and Rescan option be brought into parity with the new Global scan option, allowing the user to perform the operation across all or a subset of topic/articles.

I do agree that being able to remove the "non-links" from a topic and/or as a bulk operation could be very useful.
Dr_Automaton is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Cid

Old December 9th, 2017, 11:04 AM
So did this ever get answered? Possibly in another thread?
Cid is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old March 8th, 2018, 01:19 PM
I will necro here with +1.

Today did major upload and renames. Many links should be renamed and currently it involves manual effort either via fixup or worse(I don’t wanna copy, delete and rename articles to do that...).

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old March 8th, 2018, 02:53 PM
God no. -1.

If you rename a topic RW specifically asks you if you want to also change all the inbound links to match so that isn't a problem.

However anyone working on a shared realm, Nibirum is an example anyone can get and try, would find doing such a thing, or even a global scan for new links, would be agony.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Valyar

Old March 9th, 2018, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbs666 View Post

If you rename a topic RW specifically asks you if you want to also change all the inbound links to match so that isn't a problem.
It is a problem.

If i have topic "Senate" and this is linked, renaming it later to "The Senate" will make in the body of the text "the The Senate". Depending how you rename it, can cause other nonsense. It is inconvenient to manually go to each article post "Scan for fixups" to manually fix the links after rename.

If you don't have the use of such feature, it does not mean that others don't

The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.
Valyar is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
kbs666

Old March 9th, 2018, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valyar View Post
It is a problem.

If i have topic "Senate" and this is linked, renaming it later to "The Senate" will make in the body of the text "the The Senate". Depending how you rename it, can cause other nonsense. It is inconvenient to manually go to each article post "Scan for fixups" to manually fix the links after rename.

If you don't have the use of such feature, it does not mean that others don't
That isn't, or at least shouldn't be, a frequent problem. Sometimes you will have to do things manually.

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw
kbs666 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote