Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Chemlak

Old October 22nd, 2013, 06:16 AM
Cool. No issue at all as far as I'm concerned - I'm just one of those utterly a-retentive types that likes no validation errors on the character.

Can't thank you enough for all of the work you're doing on this, Raven.
Chemlak is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 22nd, 2013, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
Cool. No issue at all as far as I'm concerned - I'm just one of those utterly a-retentive types that likes no validation errors on the character.

Can't thank you enough for all of the work you're doing on this, Raven.
I know there are a lot of people that don't like validation errors, and I'm trying my best to minimize those as I go, but it's going to take time to get everything nailed down. We still have a lot of books to finish, and with just me working on it, it's going to take time to do. My current plan is to get a Races of Faerûn done. Once that's done, I'll decide on the next book. I still have some things to wrap up in the FRCS as well. Might crank through those next.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old November 5th, 2013, 12:44 AM
I've got a lot on my plate right now. I'm probably not going to get any further work done on these files for this month until thanksgiving at the earliest.

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
LazarX

Old November 6th, 2013, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
Half-drow is the biggie for me - since my long-running FR campaign is getting close to the point where the next generation of characters is due to become available, and I know that one of them is a half-drow. I'd almost reached the point where I was going to do it myself, but since you're far more skilled with the editor than I am, Raven, I'm pretty darn happy that you're implementing it.
Just create a standard Half Elf, go to the racial traits and pick Drow-blooded. That will give you darkvision, light blindness, and remove low-light.
LazarX is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old November 9th, 2013, 12:57 PM
I just want to be clear with readers that the recent Forgotten Realms release pushed out the the d20pfsrd is in no way associated with the data I am currently working on. If you download the update it may create duplicate record errors when I release the new data. Download at your own risk.

I'm only going out of my to specify this here because you won't get any NEW data with that update, and it may create conflicts later when I do release the new files, which we'd want to avoid.

Last edited by RavenX; November 9th, 2013 at 02:09 PM.
RavenX is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Stin

Old November 18th, 2013, 04:02 AM
I use your Faerun stuff and add missing things.

I will need a lot of things from the faerun package. I have some time to help you. I am not so good in skripting at the moment and copy the must time functional stuff and change it.

So if you have work for me - here i am.

Is there a easy way to combine two userfiles to one?

Last edited by Stin; November 18th, 2013 at 04:10 AM.
Stin is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old November 18th, 2013, 05:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stin View Post
I use your Faerun stuff and add missing things.

I will need a lot of things from the faerun package. I have some time to help you. I am not so good in skripting at the moment and copy the must time functional stuff and change it.

So if you have work for me - here i am.

Is there a easy way to combine two userfiles to one?
Combine, no. Usually I just take new stuff, cut it from the XML file and add it to the data when I have a situation like that, but it is a tedious process. I haven't done the favored class things yet because I'm still trying to hammer out the last of the races from Races of Faerûn. Since the favored class bonuses are a Pathfinder concept, not a 3.5 thing, I just threw it on my to-do list. I will get those added when I have time, but some races won't have them unless we create race specific ones for the races that lack them.

Inputting things in the editor is time consuming, but doable. My preference is for users submitting data to create a new data file, and email the new file in, not add data to the existing files, that way I can just cut and paste the new data into the existing files.. I can't stress this enough. Also, in regards to this, when you download or import an update, the old files are overwritten completely, so if you modified them the update will completely delete everything you added. It is imperative that if you want to add new data that you start with a new data file.

One thing from the core book for FRCS that needs to be done is the new spells/domains from that book. It's not hard, but time consuming, and right now I don't have the time to crank that out. If you could finish that up in a separate file for me, it would make my life better. We also still need domains/spells from Faiths and Pantheons done, once those are cranked out I can add the missing domains to the deities.

Last edited by RavenX; February 1st, 2014 at 11:38 AM.
RavenX is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
Stin

Old November 18th, 2013, 09:25 PM
D&D 3.5 stuff is sometimes terrible balanced. Maybe some GMs want to deactivated the spells separately.

I am going to start with the spells from the Player Guide to Faerun at the weekend.
Stin is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
RavenX

Old November 18th, 2013, 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stin View Post
D&D 3.5 stuff is sometimes terrible balanced. Maybe some GMs want to deactivated the spells separately.

I am going to start with the spells from the Player Guide to Faerun at the weekend.
I don't worry about Balance, it's up the GM to decide what's allowed or not allowed in a game. I provide the data to the players, what their GMs decide is up to them. I have no control over that. As a GM, I tend to look at things carefully before allowing/disallowing them, after 20 years of strictly running these game systems, I have a feel for balance, I know what will work for me and what won't. Forgotten Realms has always had it's own balance though, if you think a PC is broken in terms of balance, there are equally broken options out there for NPCs to face them. And with Wild Magic, the PCs are only one failed spell from getting sent somewhere like the middle of Undermountain, where their skills can be tested. The GM always has power in the games and divine benevolence or rage behind him. Forgotten Realms is one of the few settings where the Gods walk amongst their followers at times, that black haired woman you tried to attack in the tavern that wanted you to kill someone could be Shar in the flesh. Attacking her without a divine portfolio under your belt would be the last mistake that character ever makes. Cyric never needs a reason to stab a PC in the back, he'll do it for fun or because you inadvertently derailed one of his schemes. Bane never needs a reason either, nor does Bhaal. Right there, you have four deities that could kill a PC without any provocation. The gods in FR are the GMs tools for dealing with unbalanced players. I once had a player call his patron deity a douchebag at the table, not something anyone should call Asmodeus, but it was an open invitation for a quick summoning of the PC into Hell to be confronted by the god granting him his powers. I won't go into detail of what happened to that character, but I will say this, no one in the material plane saw him ever again.

RavenX is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
street1030

Old January 15th, 2014, 04:44 PM
Are any of the races from Races of Faerun available in a dataset yet? I'm specifically looking for the Orog (not from Tome of Horrors). I just purchased Hero Lab today and haven't been able to find it yet.
street1030 is offline   #30 Reply With Quote