Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Zaphod Beebledoc

Old March 30th, 2014, 12:13 PM
What weogarth said!

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
billcoke

Old March 30th, 2014, 12:24 PM
A custom calendar is important to me also.
+1 on the calendar front.
billcoke is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
athelu

Old March 31st, 2014, 08:29 AM
Honestly, this feature was one of the main reasons I bought the software and practically the first thing I went to set up.
athelu is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
xsgtdanusmc

Old April 1st, 2014, 07:14 AM
Customizing a calendar is probably the most important to world builders and the most code intensive for the software developers.

I am building a World Almanac for a setting put out by two small independent publishers. I has its ow calendar and is woven well into the setting and game mechanics.

I almost need to have this custom calender to get my run the game to its fullest. I hope at some point there is an update to allow custom calender creation.
xsgtdanusmc is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Chemlak

Old April 1st, 2014, 08:23 AM
Just so everyone is clear: it's not a matter of "if" we get custom calendars: it is entirely a matter of "when". It is going to happen.

However, LWD are quite correct to withhold it until it is as user-friendly as feasible, and they have certain priorities which may not be immediately apparent to us, the users.

Now, the calendar is, to me, the one thing holding RW back from being my one-stop place for campaign notes and information. As far as I'm concerned everything else can take a back seat. That is, however, my priority.

Player version.
Web view.
Content sharing.
Content marketplace.

These things are all WAY up there in LWD's priority list, and well they should be.

I have no idea where the calendar falls in amongst those features, nor how much work is needed on the calendar to make it usable by Average Joe. So I have to accept that the calendar might be a way off release. (Not that I will stop asking about it, and prompting people to post here to show how many people consider it a priority.)

The tool exists. The tool works. The tool does pretty much everything we could need it to, within the realms of possible calendars. It needs work, and won't be released until LWD consider it good to go. Considering how awesome the rest of RW is, I'm willing to cut the developers a lot of slack, since I know that they know how important I think it is.

It will come.
Chemlak is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old April 1st, 2014, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemlak View Post
...Considering how awesome the rest of RW is, I'm willing to cut the developers a lot of slack, since I know that they know how important I think it is....
Indeed!

Sleet was enjoying a tasty beverage at his local tavern, when a Tarrasque showed up in the local area. He managed to valiantly get on it's back and ride it. How he did it is a mystery to this day...

RW: Engine Heart, I Love The Corps! Home Brew: Star Gate: Avalon, Monda Minutia. I'm good with: OpenOffice, Paint, Lego Digital Designer. & not so good with: Realm Works, Hero Lab, CC3+, GIMP, Cityographer, Hexographer, Fractal Mapper, AstroSynth, Inspiration Pad Pro. RW Kickstarter Supporter.
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Erdrix

Old April 2nd, 2014, 05:02 AM
Throwing in my support for the calendar.
Erdrix is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
JohnSouthgate

Old April 2nd, 2014, 03:05 PM
+1 for this

Quote:
I am building a World Almanac for a setting put out by two small independent publishers. I has its ow calendar and is woven well into the setting and game mechanics.
Is that Hârnworld xsgtdanusmc? I'm looking to get my Hârn things into realmworks and a custom calendar is going to be essential - i don't fancy having to do a second pass over all the info to add date information at a later stage
JohnSouthgate is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
wbdavison

Old April 2nd, 2014, 06:30 PM
Count me in on getting calendars up and running ASAP.
wbdavison is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
FreeBooter

Send a message via Skype™ to FreeBooter

Old April 3rd, 2014, 04:03 AM
+1

I'm GMing an Earthdawn Campaign, and all dates use the Throalic Calendar (12 months of 30 days each + 5 consecutive feast days between months 6 and 7), so this would be extremely useful to me, too. As a temporary solution, I've copied my old timeline file into RW as a Note, which works for now.
FreeBooter is offline   #40 Reply With Quote