Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

Maidhc O Casain

Old May 13th, 2019, 04:51 PM
@Rone - hopefully you're still monitoring this thread.

I have no real beef with the organization of the realm. In the end, that's a choice that y'all had to make, and if the flexibility of RW has shown us anything it's that no two people's ideas of how to organize an adventure will be quite the same.

But, I can't seem to find the map for the first encounter, labeled "The Swallowtail Festival" in the pdf. Maybe I'm just missing it. If so, if someone could point me to it that would be great. If I'm not missing it, if it's really not there, then that makes me wonder what else is in the adventure that somehow didn't make it into the realm.

For $35 for the RW file on top of the $42 for the pdf, it seems to me like every bit of information in the pdf should be included somewhere in the RW file.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old May 14th, 2019, 05:12 AM
Maidhc O Casain, I am still monitoring. Everything written here is being seen and relayed for consideration.
Rone is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old May 14th, 2019, 02:22 PM
Thanks, Rone! Just to be clear, I like the RW version of the AP, and am glad I chose it.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 16th, 2019, 09:18 AM
Hi all! Sorry for the delay, the material had to be reviewed amidst getting prepped for Paizo Con.

That being said, I'd like to personally apologize for any issues you may have with Rise of the Runelords. We certainly never intended for users to be unhappy with it. We've now done a thorough review of the material and our team is working on getting it up to par with the other content right now. We will release an updated version as soon as that work is complete.
BJ is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
Acenoid

Old May 16th, 2019, 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
I don't think they can offer a refund for a digital product, there is no way for them to verify that you actually deleted it. It would be like asking Amazon to refund you for am item but you don't send it back.

His offer of deleting the RealmWorks account would possibly work but you could still run it in offline mode. But I suspect this option would not satisfy him regarding future purchases of HLO/HL.

I think your option of reporting issues and seeing the fixes would be the best route at this time.
I have not seen that module, but if the product digital or whatever does not meet the description or so, I would think that you can get your money back. (At least here). But that is not after the company had the option to fix the situation. How one is enforcing this right is another subject.

Join the (unofficial) Realm-Works IRC Chat: #realm-works on the Rizon Network (https://wiki.rizon.net/index.php?title=Servers)
-> Browser Client: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net
Acenoid is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old May 16th, 2019, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BJ View Post
We certainly never intended for users to be unhappy with it. We've now done a thorough review of the material and our team is working on getting it up to par with the other content right now. We will release an updated version as soon as that work is complete.
Of course you didn't intend for us to be unhappy! That would make zero sense. And again, I'm quite happy with Rise of the Runelords - I just happened to notice that first map that's missing and wanted to point it out . Y'all's readiness to make it even better is awesome.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
Happydevil43

Old May 16th, 2019, 09:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidhc O Casain View Post
I just happened to notice that first map that's missing and wanted to point it out . Y'all's readiness to make it even better is awesome.
Damn, I didn't notice that, but then I am not using those maps for players - I have other tools for that.

FWIW - after seeing that there was the problem last night, I went through "book 1" as far as I can tell the only links that are wrong are the Foxglove Manor ones... The one thing I did notice is that its slow to open some topics - probably because of the size... Sandpoint in particular is very slow to open, and at times you have to click out of it and back into make it appear.

But it has saved me months of data entry, considering we start in 3 weeks time, and I only had up to end of book 2 entered manually.
Happydevil43 is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old May 21st, 2019, 04:23 PM
We’ve made a variety of changes to the Rise of the Runelords realm today. Be sure to sync updates for improved organization!

The missing map should now be available and we apologize again for removing it from existence. We promise the offending party has had their gauntlet privileges removed.
BJ is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
Farnaby

Old May 21st, 2019, 11:15 PM
Well here's hoping that Sandpoint has also been changed.

BTW, downloading now at a blistering 70-100 KB/s.
You should get your servers looked at.

EDIT: Sandpoint pins are now functioning, thank you.

Last edited by Farnaby; May 22nd, 2019 at 01:07 AM.
Farnaby is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Znicker

Old May 23rd, 2019, 08:43 AM
how do i "sync updates"?
Znicker is offline   #30 Reply With Quote