Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Golkiwu

Old December 20th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Anybody working on this for the community set?

Thanks!

That's Homunculus!
Golkiwu is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Lawful_g
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 20th, 2010, 06:23 PM
I don't think anyone is.
Lawful_g is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
bodrin

Old December 20th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Not currently! Lots of rule mechanics to grind through in that book!
bodrin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
risner
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 21st, 2010, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodrin View Post
Not currently! Lots of rule mechanics to grind through in that book!
At some point, I'll be doing a few things from it. Mostly feats (like SUS) and such for a PC of mine.

The classes will be complex to do since they are so foreign (non-vancian) in nature. I'm not sure how to do them.
risner is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Golkiwu

Old December 21st, 2010, 05:02 AM
I was pondering this as well, and thought of maybe doing it like spells, for the short term. As I am not very proficient with the coding on HL, I have no idea if this is feasible. I figured doing the Martial areas as a spell list under custom "domains" with each class having restricted access to them to reflect forms not available to the class. The feats and basic abilities for refreshing maneuvers, I am unsure of performing as well. I will try to work up the Swordsage, as it is the class I need to work for this character. It will be a slow go, as I have not attempted this type of thing before. At least I know the community is there for help.

That's Homunculus!
Golkiwu is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
ghost_dk

Old February 1st, 2011, 04:20 AM
how are you getting along with the swordsage? I need that one as well so any help would be appreciated. Only just bought HL so havent got a clue as to where to start myself.
ghost_dk is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Golkiwu

Old February 1st, 2011, 08:23 AM
I have not had much time to work on this. I have been trying to finish up some mapping for RotRL Hook Mountain. Once I am done with that, I will be looking into ToB. I am still thinking of how to attack the Stances and Maneuvers. I am so not the code monkey, so it will be a learning experience. I will at least build out the Sword sage for level progression, BAB, saves and other bits so I can at least use HL to manage the character. My character only has one level of it, with the rest rogue and swashbuckler, so it is merely a step to be able to use the tactical console in PnP a game .

That's Homunculus!
Golkiwu is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 1st, 2011, 09:03 AM
One idea to try would be to implement the maneuvers as psionics, rather than as spells or some other type of mechanism - the way you have a limited number of powers to choose from, which increases by level, and a limit to the level of powers you can choose with those slots seems similar to the way a psion gains their powers.
Mathias is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
Golkiwu

Old February 1st, 2011, 10:00 AM
That sounds promising, but what about the stances? You can have multiple stances available, but only one being used at a time, and they are "on" all the time. I could see building specific "items" that represent the status of each stance, therefore being able to equip or un-equip them as you may change stances. Are there any other rule sets in HL that are similar?

That's Homunculus!
Golkiwu is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 1st, 2011, 10:43 AM
Just use class abilities, and set them as activatable. Create a user tag for them, and if they're activated, assign that tag to the hero. Then, in an evalrule, if they're activated, count the number of times that tag has been assigned to the hero - if it's more than one, then that's an error.
Mathias is offline   #10 Reply With Quote