Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,888

Old September 21st, 2020, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
Yeah now that I look Wings and Tail Slap show up for Tiny and Small when they shouldn't. I was so focused on the damage that I missed that. My bad.
Don't sweat it. Turns out it was a problem with the dragons in MM, too. I think it has to do with HL not handling negative numbers well in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
I just started looking at the Skeletal Dragon so I should be using the most recent update. I'll post what I see and what I need it to change to and see what we have.

And thanks for the update.

Edit: Is it known that the spell-like abilities don't show in the In-Play tab even though it is marked to do so?
Changes were made a while back to put spell-like abilities in the spells tab. They need Usage tags to make sure they appear there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
Ok. I was working on this message about how I was having problems with the script to figure CR for the Skeletal Dragon template, but I managed to fix it as I was writing the post. I'm actually a bit proud of myself for that.
Woot!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
I do still need to figure out how to remove all the supernatural and spell-like special attacks and qualities but keep the exceptional special attacks and qualities.

And how to add bonus HP equal to its HD. Or that might just be something that has to be added by the user?
There's a script in the Skeleton template in MM1 that shows how to remove specials. I would start there. Not sure how to handle exceptional, though. Off-hand, I'm not even sure what that means. (Edit: Do you mean extraordinary? If so, those abilities have tags and can be excluded in the script that removes abilities.)

Adding bonus HP is easy. Add the value of herofield tHitDice to herofield tHP.

REMINDER: You can see all herofields from the Develop menu (Develop --> Floating Info Windows --> Show Hero Fields)

Last edited by Sendric; September 21st, 2020 at 07:11 AM.
Sendric is offline   #991 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 143

Old September 22nd, 2020, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Changes were made a while back to put spell-like abilities in the spells tab. They need Usage tags to make sure they appear there.
Ok. I'll have to look at other monsters that have spell-like abilities because they aren't showing for dragons. Example, an adult blue should have ventriloquism 3/day but nothing shows. I'll look and see what I can find.

(Edit: I looked at an Imp and suggestion doesn't show either. So I'm thinking that I have something not set correctly.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
There's a script in the Skeleton template in MM1 that shows how to remove specials. I would start there. Not sure how to handle exceptional, though. Off-hand, I'm not even sure what that means. (Edit: Do you mean extraordinary? If so, those abilities have tags and can be excluded in the script that removes abilities.)
Sorry, yes I meant extraordinary. In Draconomicon they call them exceptional and note examples like immunities or blindsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
Adding bonus HP is easy. Add the value of herofield tHitDice to herofield tHP.
Be nice if I remembered that. Oops. I'll see what I can do. Should be a fairly short script to write.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
REMINDER: You can see all herofields from the Develop menu (Develop --> Floating Info Windows --> Show Hero Fields)
And another thing that I forgot. Been to long since I did any of this.

Last edited by Bloodwolf; September 22nd, 2020 at 04:42 PM.
Bloodwolf is offline   #992 Reply With Quote
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,888

Old September 23rd, 2020, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
Ok. I'll have to look at other monsters that have spell-like abilities because they aren't showing for dragons. Example, an adult blue should have ventriloquism 3/day but nothing shows. I'll look and see what I can find.

(Edit: I looked at an Imp and suggestion doesn't show either. So I'm thinking that I have something not set correctly.)
TLDR: Go look at Angel, Planetar.

So here's the problem with that. Very few monster races have been updated since this change was put into effect. It's something I started working on a long time ago, but it's such a massive project and so many other things have needed attention that it fell by the wayside. The ones that have been updated are found in the Stock Portfolio community set. The best ones to look at are the outsiders from MM1 that are very early in the alphabet (ie Aasimar, all the angels and some demons).
Sendric is offline   #993 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 143

Old September 29th, 2020, 09:36 AM
Uhm. I made a little bit of a mistake. I created the spell like abilities for the Fang Dragon like the Angel but I accidentally made it in the Skeletal Dragon Template. How do I move it to the Fang Dragon?

And I'll look at making the same for the other MM dragons. Which I will remember to open the MM for and do in there.
Bloodwolf is offline   #994 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 143

Old September 29th, 2020, 12:01 PM
I'm just going to delete them from the Skeletal Dragon and rework them in the Fang Dragon. So that mistake will be fixed.

But I am running into a problem getting them to show at particular age categories.
Bloodwolf is offline   #995 Reply With Quote
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,888

Old September 29th, 2020, 02:29 PM
I have a file specifically for spell-like abilities. Are you using it?
Sendric is offline   #996 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 143

Old September 29th, 2020, 04:33 PM
I believe so. I stole the Planetar file, which was a xSplAbl? file, and simply replaced the Bootstrapped spells, sla? files, that already existed and created the three that I needed. I got everything to display but they displayed all the time. I'm trying to figure out how to get only the ones that should per age category.The Planetar doesn't do categories so their spell-like abilities should show all the time. So just a bit more coding.
Bloodwolf is offline   #997 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 143

Old September 29th, 2020, 05:04 PM
I'm thinking that a script is needed in the xSplAbl? file to make the age category a fieldval:Value so that a condition can be added to each of the bootstraps to determine when each will show. Right track?
Bloodwolf is offline   #998 Reply With Quote
Bloodwolf
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 143

Old September 29th, 2020, 05:27 PM
The other thing that isn't showing is the caster level in the Specials list. The script shows field[Value].value to be added to the field[livename].text but I'm guessing that it is different for the Fang Dragon.
Bloodwolf is offline   #999 Reply With Quote
Sendric
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 2,888

Old September 30th, 2020, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
I believe so. I stole the Planetar file, which was a xSplAbl? file, and simply replaced the Bootstrapped spells, sla? files, that already existed and created the three that I needed. I got everything to display but they displayed all the time. I'm trying to figure out how to get only the ones that should per age category.The Planetar doesn't do categories so their spell-like abilities should show all the time. So just a bit more coding.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodwolf View Post
I'm thinking that a script is needed in the xSplAbl? file to make the age category a fieldval:Value so that a condition can be added to each of the bootstraps to determine when each will show. Right track?
Bootstrap conditionals. I imagine you could use Size as the condition. (ie Size.Large)

Last edited by Sendric; September 30th, 2020 at 03:43 AM.
Sendric is offline   #1000 Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 01:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® - Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
wolflair.com copyright ©1998-2016 Lone Wolf Development, Inc. View our Privacy Policy here.