Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

ben.rincon

Old June 16th, 2018, 04:42 AM
Morning! Can we have an update on the roadmap? Cause it's been six months now.

Reason I'm asking is because in two months, the Pathfinder 2E playtest starts. I had heard that LWD was planning on hitting the ground running once the playtest is out; and that worries me because there's so much still not done on Starfinder. My train of thought is that once 2EPT drops, HLO for Starfinder will get ignored and we'll end up at a year out still unable to export characters, organize them decently so our Character's page isn't a huge list of names (GM here), or even just put our player's own chosen picture as their character's Portrait.

I get it, though. Don't take this the wrong way. I understand this sort of thing takes time. I just believe that, though I know this company is small, they could afford to take a few moments out every month or two to tell us how things are coming along; instead of six months of silence.

Personally, I'd be happy with a proper exporting system, a folder system for characters, and just putting the damned picture there so my players don't give me puppy dog eyes and ask me to fire up photoshop to put it on myself. I would dearly love the starship builder, but it's pointless for me now as my players refuse to buy HLO themselves in it's current state and instead just give me the money to buy everything.

Anyway, thanks!
ben.rincon is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
wheredoigo

Old June 17th, 2018, 05:56 AM
I'd like to second this. There have been a couple threads recently where some users have been disappointed by the current state of HLO. I think it would go a long way to reassure your customer base if we could get more regular updates on the state of development.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben.rincon View Post
My train of thought is that once 2EPT drops, HLO for Starfinder will get ignored and we'll end up at a year out still unable to export characters, organize them decently so our Character's page isn't a huge list of names (GM here), or even just put our player's own chosen picture as their character's Portrait.
These items seem like they would be platform specific rather than rule system specific. My guess would be that once these systems are implemented it would be for the entire HLO platform and not just for a specific game.
wheredoigo is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
bruuuuuu

Old June 17th, 2018, 09:32 AM
I'm adding my voice to the request for a roadmap update. It's quite obvious that we can't really hold anyone to the goals listed (*cough*, multiple login licenses, *cough*), but it sure would be nice to know if some of the missing features are at least passingly likely to show up in the next little bit.
bruuuuuu is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
ben.rincon

Old June 18th, 2018, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheredoigo View Post
These items seem like they would be platform specific rather than rule system specific. My guess would be that once these systems are implemented it would be for the entire HLO platform and not just for a specific game.
Good point, though I should have been more clear. I meant that with them having to put in all the content and all, it would push back quality of life updates overall.

And thanks for the support! Its monday now, so maybe we will hear something.
ben.rincon is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
ben.rincon

Old June 20th, 2018, 07:08 AM
Or not!
ben.rincon is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Rone

Old June 20th, 2018, 12:36 PM
Hey there,

A timely question! We’ll be sharing some manner of roadmap next week.
Rone is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
ben.rincon

Old June 21st, 2018, 06:18 PM
Excellent, thank you! Looking forward to it!
ben.rincon is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
wheredoigo

Old July 5th, 2018, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rone View Post
Hey there,

A timely question! We’ll be sharing some manner of roadmap next week.
Is Lone Wolf still planning to provide an updated roadmap or did I miss something?
wheredoigo is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
BJ
Lone Wolf Staff

Old July 10th, 2018, 06:28 AM
Hey all! While I can’t give you specific dates, I can give you a general roadmap of what we’re working on.

With custom character images and dozens of bug fixes now behind on us we will continue to work on the following HLO items (not necessarily in this order) for the remainder of the year. We are also working on getting other systems in place like the Pathfinder Playtest.

• Offline Read-only Mode
• Full-text search of content
• Custom Extensions for 3rd party access
• Multi-Character Dashboard
• Tactical Console GMs
• Encounter Builder
• Encounter library
• Tactical Console for GM PC management
• Better organized play support
• Party tactile Console Interaction
• Starships
• Party Loot Management