Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

ShadowChemosh
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old August 29th, 2017, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noven View Post
OH wow Shadow. This alone shows that it is possible for hero lab to have the Starfinder rule set without the hero lab online component. How far can this addition extend? To actual character creation?
Simple answer is yes. I could extend this pretty darn easily to support Starfinder inside of Pathfinder for PCs and character creation. I am actually thinking its a good idea. My problem is always time.

I am waiting to see some official information from LW about the future plans. Then based on that I will decide how I want to proceed.

I "think" Starfinder coming to desktop HL version will happen actually by end of year. In which case its not worth my time to enter SF into PF. If really the crazy idea of HL desktop being sunsetted is true then I may need to make some hard decisions here.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #21 Reply With Quote
Noven

Old August 29th, 2017, 01:12 PM
There are NO plans to bring Starfinder to the desktop HL so that is why I ask.
Noven is offline   #22 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 29th, 2017, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noven View Post
There are NO plans to bring Starfinder to the desktop HL so that is why I ask.
Yes I just read that on another site. Sense LW wants to be 100% silent on such information I have to take that info as valid. This to me also means no editor for Starfinder or the ability to add in my custom stuff. This to me means a closed piece of software that serves zero purpose in the world of gaming.

The sole reason I went to HL 9 years ago was the ability to add in my own content. I am completely blown away at what reason ANYONE at LW thought removing this was a good plan.

I have zero interest now in HLO and Starfinder and if I don't support the product neither does my group. I guess Starfinder Society has lots of players and enough to support HLO? But I have never met a group that uses Pathfinder without houserules or custom content but maybe that really makes up a small portion of the community. Hell what do I know.

Starfinder is coming to PCGen with a desktop app that allows for custom content. I guess I need to spend sometime thinking about my future plans...........

Hero Lab Resources:
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #23 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 29th, 2017, 01:38 PM
Where did this no editor information come from? There won't be an editor in the initial release - we'd rather not delay the release enough to get the new editor finished, but it'll be added later on.
Mathias is offline   #24 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 29th, 2017, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
Where did this no editor information come from? There won't be an editor in the initial release - we'd rather not delay the release enough to get the new editor finished, but it'll be added later on.
I am reading the info from pieces I can find sense LW is refusing to share to everyone. They are letting 'some' people access to the info in small groups or where able to go to Gen Con.

I am forced to find info from other sites and that is what is being shared. HLO has no editor or the ability to add custom content.

P.S - Sense some official info was leaked on Facebook to some people I have to go with the info I am reading is true.

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #25 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 29th, 2017, 01:49 PM
BJ has said the FAQ is coming later today: http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....9&postcount=55
Mathias is offline   #26 Reply With Quote
ShadowChemosh

Old August 29th, 2017, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
BJ has said the FAQ is coming later today: http://forums.wolflair.com/showpost....9&postcount=55
Yes and parts of it where leaked to "some" people already that is spreading across the internet.

Based on the fact that official information has leaked I am taking the information as fact. I am not sure what else could be expected at this point to happen.

Noven above seems to be talking about official information. Why would anyone assume what they read at this point is not official???????

Hero Lab Resources:
ShadowChemosh is offline   #27 Reply With Quote
drakahn99

Old August 29th, 2017, 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
Yes I just read that on another site.
The sole reason I went to HL 9 years ago was the ability to add in my own content. I am completely blown away at what reason ANYONE at LW thought removing this was a good plan.

I have zero interest now in HLO and Starfinder and if I don't support the product neither does my group. I guess Starfinder Society has lots of players and enough to support HLO? But I have never met a group that uses Pathfinder without houserules or custom content but maybe that really makes up a small portion of the community. Hell what do I know.

Starfinder is coming to PCGen with a desktop app that allows for custom content. I guess I need to spend sometime thinking about my future plans...........
http://www.wolflair.com/hero-lab-online-faq/

further down on the list if you missed it:

Q: What sort of functionality will there be for the creation of custom content and will this impact the community packs?
A: Our intention is that you will be able to add your own custom content. Support for user-created data files to augment existing game systems has been designed into everything, as that capability is critical to the success of various game systems we currently support. That said, the details of exactly how and when that will be made available within Hero Lab Online are still being worked out. This primarily impacts the existing game systems in Hero Lab Classic, so we’ll address this topic in detail when we migrate those game systems to Hero Lab Online.

Q: Will Hero Lab Classic support Starfinder.
A: Starfinder is a unique system with various aspects that are much better suited to Hero Lab Online. Heck, that’s why we’re focusing on Starfinder first! Consequently, we will not be offering Starfinder in Hero Lab Classic, at least initially, as it wouldn’t be as powerful or enjoyable to use.

this is a sad day for hero lab though. since i was looking forward to using classic herolab with a starfinder rule system. i don't have any intention of paying a monthly fee for something i already own.

and what he said about pcgen is about where im about to go with my $$
drakahn99 is offline   #28 Reply With Quote
tekknowkub

Old August 30th, 2017, 03:10 AM
PCGen ahoy ahoy I guess... that's really unfortunate that the two systems (Pathfinder and Starfinder) will be supported by completely separate software packages.

As mentioned above, I won't be purchasing HLO either...
tekknowkub is offline   #29 Reply With Quote
Minous

Old August 30th, 2017, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tekknowkub View Post
PCGen ahoy ahoy I guess... that's really unfortunate that the two systems (Pathfinder and Starfinder) will be supported by completely separate software packages.

As mentioned above, I won't be purchasing HLO either...
I really think that forking to an online platform and charging a monthly fee is going to sour a lot of people. The other thing that will probably get to users is that they are forcing people to the online platform for the new game, while still lacking basic needed functionality (offline play). A lot of gamers at Cons or game stores may not always have internet access. (Yes I know its planned, but as a critical deal breaker feature for many not having it leaves a sour taste in my mouth) Had they deployed starfinder as and additional game system and then ported support to HLO I think there wouldn't be as many upset users.
Minous is offline   #30 Reply With Quote