Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

drakahn99

Old April 1st, 2014, 12:34 PM
are their any plans for a mobile player app? most people seem to using tablets and with the larger screens coming down in price it seems to me that a mobile app would be more suited for the player version...
drakahn99 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 1st, 2014, 01:43 PM
You mean the "Web-based Player Access" that we've announced as planed for later this year?

Here's a short blurb from our website:
"Access your realm via a web browser using any device you own. Everything is woven together and fully searchable and navigable. Your players can do the same, except they only see the information you’ve revealed to them. The cloud makes this possible."

Hope this helps!
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
drakahn99

Old April 1st, 2014, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
You mean the "Web-based Player Access" that we've announced as planed for later this year?

Here's a short blurb from our website:
"Access your realm via a web browser using any device you own. Everything is woven together and fully searchable and navigable. Your players can do the same, except they only see the information you’ve revealed to them. The cloud makes this possible."

Hope this helps!
a native app, it would better able to handle the screen sizes on the tablets over a browser, thought he web app might handle it just fine wont know until its done or in beta.
drakahn99 is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
mirtos

Old April 1st, 2014, 02:40 PM
The problem with a native app is then you have to code for all sorts of different devices. I remember the iOS vs Android wars when they announced the hero lab app. But there's another consideration. By doing a web app, they dont have to deal with the various "stores". It will also support more devices than any native app could. For example, I still use an iPad2. I use it because it performs well, but I have to choose do i want to upgrade or not, because certain apps wont work on it. But I am almost certainly guaranteed that a web app would. I think they are making the right call going web app.

another way to go might be hybrid apps.

Last edited by mirtos; April 1st, 2014 at 02:45 PM.
mirtos is offline   #4 Reply With Quote