Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Mutants & Masterminds

Notices

Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old December 29th, 2009, 09:45 PM
Is there any way to disable the warning messages when copying a power from UP? I realize that you probably don't want people mass-copying the UP stuff and then exporting it for everyone to use, but it also means that it's difficult to refine an existing power or extra using the editor.
Duggan is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 4th, 2010, 10:43 PM
We could potentially disable the warning messages if you ticked a "Don't show me again" checkbox - is that the sort of thing you're after? You still wouldn't be able to save a power you copied from Ultimate Power.
Colen is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Duggan
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old January 5th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Ah, I'm afraid I was more hoping for an "allow someone to copy this" but as noted in the first post, I see what you're trying to avoid with this choice. *wrinkles nose* As much as anything, it's those little things like where a power doesn't quite work right and you think "Oh, but maybe if I tweak this one variable..."
Duggan is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Grayson7

Old January 7th, 2010, 04:47 AM
Is that why we can't copy stuff from Ultimate Power? To prevent distribution?
Grayson7 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 18th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Exactly. You can copy anything from the core rules, but if we allowed people to copy stuff from Ultimate Power, someone would probably just spend 2 hours copying everything and give it to their friends, and then it would get onto the internet and everyone would have it.

We don't like having to do anti-piracy stuff like this, but it's unfortunately too damaging for us not to. Before we upgraded the copy protection on Army Builder, we had 4 pirate users for every user who paid for the program.
Colen is offline   #5 Reply With Quote