Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Forums > Army Builder
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Homer S
Volunteer Data File Author

Old August 1st, 2014, 11:10 AM
I'm doing a proof of concept for 40K Battle-forged armies. This type of army requires 1 to unlimited Detachments and each unit must be in a Detachment. Sounds like a drag and drop to me. I can require the army to have at least one Detachment based on tags and rules. I can tag a top level unit which is dropped into a Detachment via the "runtime.multiple" tag.

Here is where it gets messy. I would like the dropped unit to tag the Detachment based on the unit's FOC tag (e.g., Group.HQ). How can I do this? I'm thinking it is context related and it is not "parent".

Also, when dropping is it possible to specify that the Detachment always appears first?

I keep getting these mixed up when dragging and dropping:

Code:
Combined Arms Detachment
Autarch

Autarch
Combined Arms Detachment
Homer

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
Homer S is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Harkan_again

Old August 4th, 2014, 03:51 AM
I've asked before about drag and drop and the order it goes into the parent unit - if I remember right there isn't any control over the order it is dropped in the parent unit i.e. you can't dictate an order (it would be very useful and answer a lot of the files I author needs as well)

My own Warlord Games gallery and the home of the Warlord Games datafiles:

http://www.facebook.com/ABDataFileWarlordGames
Harkan_again is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Homer S

Old August 4th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Partial solution to the issue: squad stats can be set based on an Option-Evaluate script. Rules can then be set based on the stats to validate the composition tallys for units dragged under the detachment. If you want the error to look right, the detachment has to be last. Once it is valid, you can drag the detachment to the top. I never turn on view squad names.

Homer

Homer S is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Colen
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 6th, 2014, 08:20 AM
Can you tell me a little more about how you're implementing the detachment? I assume it's a separate unit within the squad, and you're not trying to assign stats etc to the squad itself?
Colen is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Homer S

Old August 7th, 2014, 03:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
Can you tell me a little more about how you're implementing the detachment? I assume it's a separate unit within the squad, and you're not trying to assign stats etc to the squad itself?
The detachment is a separate unit. Units are added to the roster in the usual way and then drag and dropped into the detachment.

I added a global option to all units that have been nested via drag and drop but are not detachments with a procedure to change the squad stats:
Code:
if (unit.tagis[ruleset.ro_Forged] = 1) then

var retval as number

if (unit.tagis[runtime.multiple] = 1) then
    if (unit.tagis[gnAcc.isDetach] < 1) then
      retval = unit.assign[gnAcc.inDetach]

if (unit.tagis[Group.HQ] = 1) then
        squad.stat[gn7DtchHQ] = squad.stat[gn7DtchHQ] + 1
SNIPPED
For the validation errors to show correctly, the detachment must be at the bottom of the stack. Only things left to tidy this up is to force the detachment to always be at the bottom, maybe a squad.sortorder[last] or something. Also, a way to hide the detachment unit itself when outputting.

Showing roster selection and validation warnings (individual FOC limits not yet removed)

Units added but not combined

Units fully added

Units fully added, showing squad titles and squad stats

Homer

Last edited by Homer S; August 7th, 2014 at 04:25 AM.
Homer S is offline   #5 Reply With Quote