Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

krondek

Old July 18th, 2008, 02:30 PM
I'm sure this is somehow a stupid question, but I can't seem to find the answer.

1) I download and install the latest version of the Warhammer data files (the .ab file 4/11/2008) from the updater in AB.

2) I copy into the wh6 folder the beta Daemon data files (BETA 4).

3) I set AB to recompile the data files on load.

4) I When I restart AB I get a bunch of 'NOT DEFINED' errors and AB quits.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks!
krondek is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
darkendlight

Old July 18th, 2008, 05:54 PM
I can't get them to work either. So if someone could post specific instructions for us slow people I would apprciate it.
darkendlight is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
b0ksah

Old July 19th, 2008, 05:40 AM
That's because the beta 4 don't include the daemons.aug file ... I have just added a new Daemonic beta with everything you need in it ... it also fix some minor bugs and adds lores
b0ksah is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
AbaddonAZ

Old July 27th, 2008, 10:45 PM
I downloaded the Daemon Beta Files again after I re-downloaded the wh6-7 file update and now I can't find Daemons as an option in the Army List. SO, I have created a couple of Daemon rosters previously, but now it appears as if the Data Files simply don't exist, yet they are in the proper file under Armybuilder / Data / wh6.

I am just lost at this point. My VC files and my Daemon files are a mess now. I seem to have Fubar'd my setup. Ugh, if anyone can help that would be great.
AbaddonAZ is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
b0ksah

Old July 28th, 2008, 02:03 AM
Okay, that sounds really weird, Did you download the most recent files? Those named "Daemons of Chaos Beta 5" and "Vampires Microfixes" I included everything in those files to make the list work ..both *.dat and *.aug file..

Sounds a bit as you are missing the *.aug file ... it's the "race" file ... the def. file for the army list if you like.
b0ksah is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
AbaddonAZ

Old July 28th, 2008, 08:21 AM
The files are in there. I can see them in the wh6 folder. I do have the VC file, but it still gives the wrong stats for a Vampire Lord w/ Dread Knight. (5+ sv instead of the 2+ it should have)

But the Daemons files are there and the new .def file is there, but still Daemons are not an Army Selection when I start the program, nor can I open an existing roster.
AbaddonAZ is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
b0ksah

Old July 28th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Then Im lost ...
b0ksah is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
arromanche

Old July 30th, 2008, 07:11 PM
I had the exact same problem. I reimport the latest .ab file I was using. Then only transfered the Daemons.aug and Daemons.dat files and NOT the warhammer.def file and there they were.
arromanche is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
AbaddonAZ

Old August 1st, 2008, 09:27 PM
Okay, cool. Now do you know where I can find that other .ab file so I can try that as well?
AbaddonAZ is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
AbaddonAZ

Old August 3rd, 2008, 10:47 AM
Well, I have kinda fixed the issue... I imported the Daemon Files into the Dark Elf Beta folder, and now I can create my rosters from there, but not the normal AB folder. So, while this isn't a perfect fix, it certainly works for now.
AbaddonAZ is offline   #10 Reply With Quote