Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Army Builder Data Files > Warhammer Fantasy 8th Ed.
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

apollo0681

Old November 9th, 2007, 06:15 PM
OK guys as if will be a few months before we get an offical update have had a go myself at updating the High Elf dat file for the new book just like i did last year with the empire one.

Have put a file up for download in the Downloads section you will need to delete the numbers in the filename before putting it in the data/wh6 folder

Have had the book only about 24hours and havent touched the special characters yet so im well aware they are wrong.

Also im not sure how to increase/decrease the core/special choice so u will get error message to do with that. Any other bugs post in the forum.

took about 10 updates with the empire book to get it 99.9% correct. so im sure there are plenty
apollo0681 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
SilverDrake

Old November 10th, 2007, 12:54 AM
Very Cool Thank you

I'll try it out directly

regards SilverDrake
SilverDrake is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
naloth

Old November 11th, 2007, 07:15 PM
Thanks for the update. Here's a few things I noticed:
1) The HE BSB doesn't have any normal weapon restrictions. It's apparently not an oversight (per Warseer and warhammer.org). Seems that BSBs going forwards will be able to take whatever weapons they could normally take.

2) Barding now affects Dragon Princes.

3) Chariots aren't 2-1 anymore (text issue) and the Lion Chariot should list its special rules. Lion chariot crew should be S4/5 for a great weapon. (Checked on the right but not in profile.)

4) White Lions have heavy armor for a 5+ save and are Stubborn. (Check on the right but not in profile.)

5) Reavers total right, but the text in the description (save 1 point by dropping spear) is now misleading.

6) Dragon Mage is 2 hero slots (darn it!) and gets a +1 die when casting. Starred in description but not calculated correctly.

7) I removed the highelf.dat and highelfaug.dat but I still show "Honors" as character options.

8) Cloak of the Beards isn't as effective against Runic Items as the description would lead us to believe.

9) Silver Helms seem to calculate as a 3+ save (instead of 2+). Oddly enough the champion is a 2+, though.

Anyway, thanks for the update.
naloth is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
apollo0681

Old November 12th, 2007, 09:21 AM
1) The HE BSB doesn't have any normal weapon restrictions. It's apparently not an oversight (per Warseer and warhammer.org). Seems that BSBs going forwards will be able to take whatever weapons they could normally take.

2) Barding now affects Dragon Princes. FIXED

3) Chariots aren't 2-1 anymore (text issue) FIXED and the Lion Chariot should list its special rules IT DOES ALREADY(fear) is there something else?.
Lion chariot crew should be S4/5 for a great weapon. (Checked on the right but not in profile.) FIXED

4) White Lions have heavy armor for a 5+ save and are Stubborn. (Check on the right but not in profile.) FIXED

5) Reavers total right, but the text in the description (save 1 point by dropping spear) is now misleading. FIXED

6) Dragon Mage is 2 hero slots (darn it!) IT DOES ON MINE. and gets a +1 die when casting. Starred in description but not calculated correctly.

Isn’t it +1 for every single spell. Where do u mean its not calculating it properly?????

7) I removed the highelf.dat and highelfaug.dat but I still show "Honors" as character options.

Cloak of the Beards isn't as effective against Runic Items as the description would lead us to believe. FIXED KINDA my English aint that great so anyone who can think of a better short description suggestions welcome 

9) Silver Helms seem to calculate as a 3+ save (instead of 2+). Oddly enough the champion is a 2+, though. FIXED

That just leaves 1 and 7.

1 sounds wonderful to me can you give me a direct link to somewhere which states this cheers

7 working on it

keep them bugs coming must be more than 7
apollo0681 is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Altharion

Old November 12th, 2007, 01:56 PM
Hi, thanks for the update.
here´s something i just noticed.

All the 0-1 Slots, Swordmasters, Phoenixguard, white Lions, Dragon Princes are no longer 0-1, but it still shows an error message if u take more than one of em.

For 1) :
It's not stated in the Army book that u are not allowed to equip him with normal stuff anymore. Other than in the previous Army books, and i think also in the actual empire book. But for the last part iam not quite sure.
Altharion is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Troymin

Old November 12th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Hey guys, great work so fast!
I got a couple bugs, but I dont have the actual army book, doing this for a friend. Here they are:

1) I can't seem to get the treasures of albion to appear, was never a problem before, I dont know if theyre still usable or not but well there it is.

2) you probably already fixed this but lion charriots shouldnt be 2-1 either

3) ok weirdest for last. Im getting a weird bug adding bolt throwers. the first 3 count as 1 rare each then the fourth doesnt add a rare choice. The same thing happens at 6 rare choices and 9. just keep adding bolt throwers and youll see what I mean.

Thats all I saw for now,
Thanks!
Troymin is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
naloth

Old November 12th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troymin
1) I can't seem to get the treasures of albion to appear, was never a problem before, I dont know if theyre still usable or not but well there it is.
I'm pretty sure that the albion items are not longer intended to be valid... If they had wanted them to still be used they should have been included in the new armybook.

I glanced through a few threads but couldn't find the one that cited the name of the developer that confirmed that the BSB thing wasn't an error.
naloth is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
naloth

Old November 12th, 2007, 06:23 PM
3) Chariots aren't 2-1 anymore (text issue) FIXED and the Lion Chariot should list its special rules IT DOES ALREADY(fear) is there something else?.

>>> Checked again. When I first click on it (but haven't added it to my list yet) it displays the same text as the Tiranoc Chariot. After I add it to my list it displays the special rules. When I highlight the Tiranoc then highlight the Lion Chariot, it displays the Tiranoc text again.

6) Dragon Mage is 2 hero slots (darn it!) IT DOES ON MINE. and gets a +1 die when casting. Starred in description but not calculated correctly.

>>> Looks like it is appearing as 2 heroes. It's just the name in the list that isn't starred.

Isn’t it +1 for every single spell. Where do u mean its not calculating it properly?????

>>> Yes. +1 'free' die per spell in the same manner as Slann. This means they always cast with at least 2 dice and can cast with up to level+2 dice total. This should probably should be listed in their special rules.

Cloak of the Beards isn't as effective against Runic Items as the description would lead us to believe. FIXED KINDA my English aint that great so anyone who can think of a better short description suggestions welcome 

>>> I'll wait and see what you have... The first description implied that all runic items were nullified while in BSB. The CotB's only nullifies one random runic item for each opponent.

1 sounds wonderful to me can you give me a direct link to somewhere which states this cheers

>>> Working on it... I can provide a link to one discussion. http://warhammer.org.uk/PhP/viewtopic.php?t=35367
naloth is offline   #8 Reply With Quote
RumilCalaelen

Old November 12th, 2007, 08:31 PM
-No More Ilthimar barding, just regular Barding

-Core Composition is 2 for 2K

-Dragon Armor, Protects the mount also.

-Armor of Caledor, should give 2+ armor save, mine says 3+ and it does not suppose to increase my strength (what the armor of the gods is going on over here?)

Great Job, Thank you!
RumilCalaelen is offline   #9 Reply With Quote
apollo0681

Old November 13th, 2007, 04:38 PM
ok guys will try to get a new update up for thursday
apollo0681 is offline   #10 Reply With Quote