Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

gauldin

Old January 19th, 2019, 07:09 AM
I'm getting ready to run Curse of the Crimson Throne. I see that when I go to generate characters, there are options for both "CotCT" and "CotCT GM Content". What's in the "GM Content" that isn't in the other? Should I not have the GM Content activated for player characters, or is it spoiler-free? Thanks.
gauldin is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 19th, 2019, 07:38 AM
In CotC, there's not much GM content - pretty much just the "Scarwall Curse" adjustment, that can apply some environmental effects that some of the monsters in one of the adventures needs. Specific-monster adjustments, that are used to build the unique variants of monsters needed occasionally in an adventure path are the main thing in the GM content sections.
Mathias is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 19th, 2019, 07:45 AM
The main purpose of "GM Content" is that it's how we handle allowing someone who has purchased an adventure path to use monsters referenced in that AP that aren't in a package they own. For example, if you did own an AP, but didn't own Bestiary 2, and you pulled an encounter from that AP from that AP's encounter library with a B2 monster, you'd have access to it, and behind the scenes, the GM content setting for that AP is what's allowing that to work, but not giving you the option to just build that monster by itself.

But the players won't see that part - it only applies to the monsters pulled from the encounter library for that AP.
Mathias is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
gauldin

Old January 20th, 2019, 05:29 AM
Thanks for the quick response, Mathias! I figured it showed up because I'd purchased the AP pack, but wasn't sure if it might accidentally reveal anything to snoopy players.
gauldin is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old January 20th, 2019, 08:43 AM
Your players won't see that unless they've also purchased the AP, but if they have purchased the AP and are the kind who look around GM screens, I'd worry more about them looking at the encounters in the encounter library, since they can look up the exact details of everything they'll be fighting for the entire adventure.
Mathias is offline   #5 Reply With Quote