Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD

Notices

Cappinator

Old November 23rd, 2017, 04:37 PM
How can I contribute? I'm willing to put some time and effort in.
Cappinator is offline   #11 Reply With Quote
saturn082

Old December 3rd, 2017, 10:13 AM
I'd be happy to contribute as well.
saturn082 is offline   #12 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old December 3rd, 2017, 11:19 AM
If you want to get more involved in the community, you might want to check out the github repository.

The tickets that are being worked on are located here. You can also search for closed issues here or check the wiki for what is on the next release schedule.

The wiki contains a lot of useful information on how to get started. Including this article about project conventions (like setting your ID to 5C).

In order to download/upload and work on the github, you'll need to be slightly familiar with how to create a branch on the existing repository (versus forking the whole thing up ) and how to merge and create pull requests for yourself. There are plenty of how-to githubs out there.

So, after creating a github account, knowing all that, you'll want to PM daplunk and let him know you want to join into editing, and start using your skills and promise him that you'll never mess up the repository, etc. If you want someone more experienced to look at things you're working on, use the help wanted tags on your issue and just be patient.
dungeonguru is offline   #13 Reply With Quote
RedDwarf

Old December 3rd, 2017, 03:41 PM
Is anyone currently working on getting XGtE content into HeroLab? I looked into using DnD Beyond character builder but the pricing is too high.
RedDwarf is offline   #14 Reply With Quote
Fenris447

Old December 7th, 2017, 09:20 AM
Is the text auditing something that can be broken out of the system itself? I'm functionally illiterate with the Editor, but if I could get the text that needs to be altered in an excel spreadsheet or something else, I could definitely power through it. That would even be something that could be farmed out via a Google Doc, so that multiple people can be tackling it together.

I just don't know if extracting then re-entering the text is a viable strategy. If it is, I could definitely contribute to that effort.
Fenris447 is offline   #15 Reply With Quote
daplunk

Old December 7th, 2017, 09:37 AM
More work than it's worth to be honest. Editing the description in the editor is incredibly simple and you can work down the list and save the changes as you go.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #16 Reply With Quote
Shadowhawke

Old January 26th, 2018, 02:28 AM
Now that the holidays are over and such. Has there been any movement on this? Just inquiring.
Shadowhawke is offline   #17 Reply With Quote
dungeonguru

Old January 26th, 2018, 07:18 AM
We're pretty much at the testing and quality check stages after getting all the classes, racial feats, common magical items and spells in. You're more than welcome to download the pre-release and check things out and provide feedback. I'm not sure how much else of the book will get entered - downtime activities are the only thing I can think of, but those are highly customizable - it's almost better to stick with the custom project on each one.
dungeonguru is offline   #18 Reply With Quote
Enforcer84

Old February 2nd, 2018, 06:51 PM
Nicely done on XG guys! I was halfway through the spells myself...
Enforcer84 is offline   #19 Reply With Quote
gaffneyks

Old February 3rd, 2018, 12:39 PM
Yeah, Thanks to everyone who spent time doing this so everyone could benefit from it!!!
gaffneyks is offline   #20 Reply With Quote