Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > Hero Lab Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

daplunk

Old September 5th, 2017, 12:20 AM
I think they have been quite clear.

They have announced they will be supporting Starfinder on Hero Lab Online which is due to go into open beta this month.

The info I've seen indicates they are not working on Starfinder for Hero Lab Classic because they are planning functionality that will not work on Hero Lab Classic. They have not said they will absolutely not support on Hero Lab Classic because who knows what the future may hold, for now though there is no indication that Hero Lab Classic will support Starfinder.

All the information I have seen supports this.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #81
EightBitz

Old September 5th, 2017, 01:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
I think they have been quite clear.

They have announced they will be supporting Starfinder on Hero Lab Online which is due to go into open beta this month.

The info I've seen indicates they are not working on Starfinder for Hero Lab Classic because they are planning functionality that will not work on Hero Lab Classic. They have not said they will absolutely not support on Hero Lab Classic because who knows what the future may hold, for now though there is no indication that Hero Lab Classic will support Starfinder.

All the information I have seen supports this.
The information you've seen from other sources. I have not seen those sources. I get my info on this forum.

The first post in this thread asked a question in the context of Hero Lab and Realm Works. No mention was made of Hero Lab Online.

The question was answered, without any mention of Hero Lab Online, that character creation was coming to everyone.

To someone, like me, who doesn't read blog posts or Facebook pages of individual employees of LWD, how is this supposed to be a clear message that "everyone" means only the subset of people who opt in to a product that had not even been mentioned yet?
EightBitz is offline   #82
daplunk

Old September 5th, 2017, 01:51 AM
Have you read the FAQ and Newsletter information? I've not learnt anything from Facebook that I havn't seen provided here or via the official communication coming out of LWD.

All the Facebook haters seem to think they are missing out on something because of BJ's post. BJ's post was not about answering questions but confirming that the FAQ linked in this forum answered as many questions as possible.

Quote:
Q: Will there be Starfinder support at launch?
A: Yes! Starfinder will be the very first system supported in Hero lab Online.
Quote:
Q: Will Hero Lab Classic support Starfinder.
A: Starfinder is a unique system with various aspects that are much better suited to Hero Lab Online. Heck, that’s why we’re focusing on Starfinder first! Consequently, we will not be offering Starfinder in Hero Lab Classic, at least initially, as it wouldn’t be as powerful or enjoyable to use.
Quote:
In late September, we'll be launching Hero Lab Online for Starfinder as an Open Beta. We'll start out with a limited number of users and then increase that number in the weeks that follow. Character creation should be complete at launch, but starship creation and certain other features may not be fully in place at that time. As is customary with an Open Beta, everyone that participates will need to purchase the product to continue using it once the Beta period concludes.

Sign-ups for participation in the Open Beta will begin at some point in September. Stay tuned for complete details. They will be posted prior to the sign-up period and will appear in our newsletter, on our support forums, and across our social media feeds.
So yes Starfinder support is scheduled to come in late September, it's releasing on Hero Lab Online instead of Hero Lab Classic because it's shipping with functionality that will not work with Hero Lab Classic. Sounds like we will all be able to try it sometime in the next few weeks.

Realm Works - Community Links
Realm Work and Hero Lab Videos
Ream Works Facebook User Group
CC3+ Facebook User Group

D&D 5e Community Pack - Contributor
General Hero Lab Support & Community Resources
D&D 5e Community Pack - Install Instructions / D&D 5e Community Pack - Log Fault / D&D 5e Community Pack - Editor Knowledge Base

Obsidian
Obsidian TTRPG Tutorials
daplunk is offline   #83
EightBitz

Old September 5th, 2017, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daplunk View Post
Have you read the FAQ and Newsletter information? I've not learnt anything from Facebook that I havn't seen provided here or via the official communication coming out of LWD.

All the Facebook haters seem to think they are missing out on something because of BJ's post. BJ's post was not about answering questions but confirming that the FAQ linked in this forum answered as many questions as possible.

So yes Starfinder support is scheduled to come in late September, it's releasing on Hero Lab Online instead of Hero Lab Classic because it's shipping with functionality that will not work with Hero Lab Classic. Sounds like we will all be able to try it sometime in the next few weeks.
The FAQ was released after the post on Aug 3rd. On Aug 3rd, there was no FAQ. There was no discussion of HLO. You're looking through the lenses of hindsight, through the filter of the FAQ. I'm talking about how the message changed between the original announcment and the FAQ.

I'm done repeating myself, though. The trail of breadcrumbs is very clear to me. The way the message changed is very clear and obvious to me. If you see things differently, then you see things differently.
EightBitz is offline   #84
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old September 6th, 2017, 12:37 AM
This thread is officially being closed due to there being too many similarly named threads with overlapping information. Please post further questions and comments about Hero Lab Online and Starfinder within the thread linked below:
http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=59134

Thanks!
rob is offline   #85
Closed Thread