Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Savage Worlds

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Endtransmission

Old April 6th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Hopefully this is in the right place, otherwise... please move it to where it should be. I'm putting together a datafile for the Savage Worlds / Achtung! Cthulhu adventure setting Three Kings. So far it's all going well for my first data file, but I've got one last thing to fix before I'm ready to start testing it properly...

As this is a Cthulhu game, there are books of mythos spells floating around. I'd like to be able to bootstrap spells to a character when I add the tome, but for some reason this is erroring.

I've created the spell:

<thing id="powACDeRe" name="Devouring Retribution" description="Summon Shoggoth - The wielder has no control over the released Shoggoth" compset="Power" summary="Summon Shoggoth" uniqueness="useronce">
<usesource source="ACTKing"/>
<tag group="MinRank" tag="1"/>
</thing>

And the tome:

<thing id="eqACBoS" name="The Book of Shadows" description="The Book of Shadows, also known as Schatten Des Weigen Dunkels or Shadows of the Eternal Dark, is a mythos grimoir" compset="Equipment" summary="Mythos Grimoir" uniqueness="unique">
<fieldval field="shortname" value="Book of Shadows"/>
<usesource source="ACTKing"/>
<tag group="GearType" tag="ACGrimoir" name="Grimoir"/>
<bootstrap thing="eqWireCut"></bootstrap>
<bootstrap thing="vhSdkfz7"></bootstrap>
<bootstrap thing="powACDeRe"></bootstrap>
</thing>

I get the following message, but can't figure out where it's failing:

"Attempt to access non-live child pick 'resPowers' from script location: 'eval' script for Component 'Power' (Eval Script '#2') near line 3"

As you can see, I've added a couple of other items via bootstrap to check that I'd got it right... eqWireCut and vhSdkfz7 get added perfectly, just not powACDeRe. As soon as I remove <bootstrap thing="powACDeRe"></bootstrap> the error goes away, which makes me suspect we're not allowed to bootstrap powers?

the weird thing is that powers do show up in the list of available items that you can bootstrap in the editor... so I'm a bit confused...
Endtransmission is offline   #1 Reply With Quote