Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Online Forums > Hero Lab Online Discussion

Notices

SteveT
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 19th, 2020, 10:06 PM
From the announcements thread:
On Thursday morning (February 20th) at 10 AM Pacific time, we plan to take Hero Lab Online down for maintenance. We expect up to about 30 minutes of downtime, though it may be less.
UPDATE: We are delaying this maintenance until a little later today. We will post again here when we have an exact time.

UPDATE: This maintenance will proceed at 12 noon pacific.

UPDATE: This has been completed.

Last edited by SteveT; February 20th, 2020 at 12:52 PM.
SteveT is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
mwd

Old February 20th, 2020, 11:13 AM
I was surprised by the start of the maintenance just now. I am not sure if there is an announcement in HeroLab Online itself (in which case I completely missed it). So either you need to add an announcement, or make it much more obvious, for those users who do not regularly frequent the forums (like me). A 15 minutes heads-up would help us to get our things offline if needed.

And a note to the timing: 12 noon PST is 9pm CET, so high noon for European gamers (both playing and planning), and an inconvenient time to have HLO be unavailable.
mwd is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
talsharien

Old February 20th, 2020, 11:42 AM
I agree about the notice for dropping herolab, but with regards to the times, I suspect that it will 9 pm somewhere in the world regardless of when it drops.
talsharien is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
dacoobob

Old February 20th, 2020, 12:34 PM
in HLO there's a small alarm-bell looking icon in the upper right of the screen (next to the Validation Report and HLO Settings buttons). that's the Notifications button, click that and it lists downtime announcements and update notifications.
dacoobob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old February 20th, 2020, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dacoobob View Post
in HLO there's a small alarm-bell looking icon in the upper right of the screen (next to the Validation Report and HLO Settings buttons). that's the Notifications button, click that and it lists downtime announcements and update notifications.
If it doesn't highlight in some way to indicate that there is an imminent shutdown then the alarm-bell icon isn't much use (from a UI point of view).

Farling

Author of the Realm Works Import tool, Realm Works Output tool and Realm Works to Foundry module

Donations gratefully received via Patreon, Ko-Fi or Paypal
Farling is online now   #5 Reply With Quote
Joe
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 20th, 2020, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Farling View Post
If it doesn't highlight in some way to indicate that there is an imminent shutdown then the alarm-bell icon isn't much use (from a UI point of view).
We know this is a poor solution at the moment. We're discussing internally what we can do to improve it (and really, there's no shortage of ideas, just implementation time and vying for priority).
Joe is offline   #6 Reply With Quote