Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Cantello

Old June 20th, 2023, 11:16 PM
For a new adventure path I wanted to try something new, an Occultist. However, when I select my implements/schools, they appear red, as if incomplete and I can simply enter the object that it used for that implement (I guess, it is not really explained via tooltip) but one school stays red (see screenshot).

How to correctly enter the Occultist in Hero Lab?

Cantello is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old June 20th, 2023, 11:59 PM
I don't have the package for that class, so I can't recreate whats happening myself. Here's some suggestions:
First - click on the red diamond with a yellow exclamation mark in the top right corner. This will tell you more info on what HL thinks is wrong with your Hero. (It's also along the bottom of the screen.)
Second - Do you actually have an Amulet? Is it equipped?

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Cantello

Old June 21st, 2023, 11:50 PM
The red diamond did not show any errors. I did not have any items equipped or even in my inventory but normally when HL ties an ability to an item there is a drop-down box to select the item, right? Have not yet encountered this kind of behaviour.

However (!) - it all seems to be all right now, no more red and even the spells are counted correctly (which was a problem in the beginning).
Cantello is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old June 21st, 2023, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantello View Post
For a new adventure path I wanted to try something new, an Occultist. However, when I select my implements/schools, they appear red, as if incomplete and I can simply enter the object that it used for that implement (I guess, it is not really explained via tooltip) but one school stays red (see screenshot).
Each of your implements gives you 1 spell per level of its school. (Occultist Implements ability at the AoN; also available in the tooltip for Implements under Special Abilities.)

You've picked two Transmutation cantrips. FWIW, when I did that the error report told me to "Add more 0-level Abjuration spells."

Last edited by Parody; June 22nd, 2023 at 12:01 AM.
Parody is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Cantello

Old June 21st, 2023, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
You've probably picked two Transmutation cantrips and/or 1st level spells.
Yes, that was exactly the problem! :-)
Cantello is offline   #5 Reply With Quote