Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Notices

j78

Old June 25th, 2019, 03:43 AM
Ultimate Combat provides a alternate class option to use Inquisitions instead of domains. It doesn't seem to be tied to an archetype in the book, but on Hero Lab when I build a Green Faith Marshal Inquisitor I can't figure out how to unlock the inquisition option, only lets me pick domains. All the Ultimate Combat stuff is unlocked (I think). Anyone know which button I need to push? Thanks,
j78 is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
j78

Old June 25th, 2019, 04:20 AM
nm, appears to be limited by the archetype.
j78 is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Dami

Old June 25th, 2019, 04:22 AM
Try activating "Ultimate Magic" - that has a whole list of Inquisitions. With this active I have inquisitions appearing on the domain list.
Ultimate Combat just repeats what is stated in earlier books, and only has 2 Inquisitions.

Current RPG's: Pathfinder (GM), Pathfinder (Player), Gamma World (GM, Pathfinder homebrew).
HeroLab: 3.5 & Pathfinder. HL User Files for PF: Greyhawk Setting, Gamma World (WIP).

DM and player of D&D since 1980.
Dami is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
Lj Stephens
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 28th, 2019, 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by j78 View Post
Ultimate Combat provides a alternate class option to use Inquisitions instead of domains. It doesn't seem to be tied to an archetype in the book, but on Hero Lab when I build a Green Faith Marshal Inquisitor I can't figure out how to unlock the inquisition option, only lets me pick domains. All the Ultimate Combat stuff is unlocked (I think). Anyone know which button I need to push? Thanks,
This is working as intended as the Green Faith Marshall is required to take a Domain from a select list that falls under the Animal or Terrain types such as Ape, Cave, Plane of Air, Wolf etc. The Inquisitions are not available due to the Power of Nature Class Ability from this specific Archetype which alters the normal Inquisitor Domain Ability and replaces the Stern Gaze Class Ability.
Lj Stephens is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
j78

Old July 5th, 2019, 03:47 AM
Thanks, I eventually realized that. But for some reason my inquisitor tab is red like there’s a selection to make, scrolled the thing, can’t figure it out.
j78 is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
Silveras

Old July 5th, 2019, 06:52 AM
Do the Warnings tell you what is missing? Click on the status bar at the bottom if it has a Warning indicator there, and it should show the details.

Sometimes, if a special ability has a selection to make, you may have to access the button to see the list.

The Inquisitor is a class that has a Special Abilities button, and at 1st level there is exactly that kind of choice to make for "Judgment of Resistance 2" -- you need to specify what type of energy it is. Not setting that makes the tab red.
Silveras is offline   #6 Reply With Quote
Maidhc O Casain

Old July 6th, 2019, 03:13 AM
Inquisitors have a weird thing in their tab where it forces you to choose the effect of your Judgement of Resistance even before you qualify for it.

On the Inquisitor tab, go to Special Abilities and set the Judgement of Resistance selectors to one of the elements, and the tab warning should go away.
Maidhc O Casain is offline   #7 Reply With Quote
j78

Old July 14th, 2019, 03:19 AM
Yeah, I went through and made the selections up to 20, but still red. Nothing on the page giving me a warning indicator either. Ah well, still works, just odd.
j78 is offline   #8 Reply With Quote