Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Discussion

Notices

rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 13th, 2013, 01:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Mage View Post
I have maintained my campaign (and literally tens of thousands of notes) in a personal wiki (MediaWiki on a flash drive) for several years; will Realms Works either a) allow me to import these notes into it? or b) allow me to hyperlink to the notes on the flash drive (when it is mounted and MW is running)?
Import from it? Not initially, but we'd like to provide import logic from wikis down the line. We just haven't had time to work on things like that yet.

Hyperlinking to notes on the flash drive? Depending on how it's handled, probably very soon. We've got mapped out a solution for cleanly integrating web-based data that lives outside of Realm Works. We just need to get it implemented. It's high on my personal list of stuff I want to add, but we still need to reconcile the priorities of all the different features we want to add. Once we add the feature, you should be able to hook up to the wiki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey Mage View Post
Which brings up a second question: Could Realms Works be installed on a flash drive rather than having multiple installs (home desktop, laptop, desktop where I work, etc.)?
Definitely no. There are some significant technical implications in doing so that run afoul of how we've got things handled internally. I only have a few hours to finish getting ready before leaving for GenCon, so I don't have time to explain right now. I know I've explained this here on the forums previously, or you can ask me again late next week.
rob is offline   #141 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old August 13th, 2013, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkHerald View Post
What will the cost be of Realm Works?
That hasn't been determined yet. As Zaphod indicated, we intend to profile the usage of Early Access users to gauge our projections for when we release widely. After that, we can come up with competent pricing.
rob is offline   #142 Reply With Quote
Zaphod Beebledoc

Old August 13th, 2013, 04:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
As Zaphod indicated, we intend to profile the usage of Early Access users to gauge our projections for when we release widely. After that, we can come up with competent pricing.
Lucky guess!
Zaphod Beebledoc is offline   #143 Reply With Quote
Rathan

Old August 19th, 2013, 10:52 AM
*I brought this up in the second GenCon seminar and was told to post it.*

Some sort of "Next (time increment round/hour/day/week/month/year)" button.
When you "Begin Game Session" it would check to see if the in-game date had been set. If it was set, the button should show the last setting.

Maybe the icon could be set to round, day (with hour tracking), week (with day tracking), month (with day tracking), or year (with month and day tracking).
This would link to the calendar so that if there was an event scheduled on the 14th of the month, when you clicked the button for "Next <Day>" from day 13, you would get a popup/alert that such-n-such event happens today.
If the day and year can be set as visible by the players (in a small window you could set in the corner of the player screen) it would advance the date there as well and the pop-up/alert would only show if set to visible by the players.
Rathan is offline   #144 Reply With Quote
Rathan

Old August 19th, 2013, 10:55 AM
*I brought this up in the second GenCon seminar and was told to post it.*

Some sort of "Next (time increment round/hour/day/week/month/year)" button.
When you "Begin Game Session" it would check to see if the in-game date had been set. If it was set, the button should show the last setting.

Maybe the icon could be set to round, day (with hour tracking), week (with day tracking), month (with day tracking), or year (with month and day tracking).
This would link to the calendar so that if there was an event scheduled on the 14th of the month, when you clicked the button for "Next <Day>" from day 13, you would get a popup/alert that such-n-such event happens today.
If the day and year can be set as visible by the players (in a small window you could set in the corner of the player screen) it would advance the date there as well and the pop-up/alert would only show if set to visible by the players.
Rathan is offline   #145 Reply With Quote