Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

SeeleyOne

Old December 1st, 2013, 09:37 AM
Customized magical items of every type, for example a ring that can be two or more rings in one.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #441
Silveras

Old December 1st, 2013, 10:03 AM
Are there plans to support more of the Ultimate Campaign content? Specifically the downtime rules.. Rooms, Teams, Buildings, Organizations, and the various types of Capital (Goods, Influence, Labor, and Magic) ?
Silveras is offline   #442
AndrewD2

Old December 1st, 2013, 11:05 AM
Something like a Helper.Supernat tag that can be added to spells to mark it is a supernatural ability instead of a spell-like ability.
AndrewD2 is offline   #443
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 1st, 2013, 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewD2 View Post
Something like a Helper.Supernat tag that can be added to spells to mark it is a supernatural ability instead of a spell-like ability.
How would this differ from the existing AbilType.Super tag?
Mathias is online now   #444
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 1st, 2013, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silveras View Post
Are there plans to support more of the Ultimate Campaign content? Specifically the downtime rules.. Rooms, Teams, Buildings, Organizations, and the various types of Capital (Goods, Influence, Labor, and Magic) ?
From the FAQ within Hero Lab:

Quote:

Chapter 2: Downtime
  • Downtime Activities: These activities can be handled by normal purchases (at a reduced price), and by adding cash and XP as new journal entries.
  • Managers: Coming Soon
  • Rooms and Teams: Coming Soon
  • Buildings and Organizations: Coming Soon
~
Mathias is online now   #445
AndrewD2

Old December 1st, 2013, 01:05 PM
It would be something like the Helper.SpellLike tag but instead of listing a spell as a spelllike ability it lists it as a super natural ability. Adding the AbilType.Super tag to bootstrapped spell like that does not work.
AndrewD2 is offline   #446
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old December 1st, 2013, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewD2 View Post
It would be something like the Helper.SpellLike tag but instead of listing a spell as a spelllike ability it lists it as a super natural ability. Adding the AbilType.Super tag to bootstrapped spell like that does not work.
If a supernatural ability has the same effects as a spell, it doesn't belong in the Spell-Like abilities section in the Spells tab. It should be a normal ability, and then use the "Append Spell Information" option to add the details of the spell to that ability.
Mathias is online now   #447
SeeleyOne

Old December 1st, 2013, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
From the FAQ within Hero Lab:

~
Not to be a brat, but there are a lot of things spread around in Hero Lab that says that it is being worked on. While it is nice to know that things are not completely ignored, it can be frustrating when we want to make use of these things that have been "worked on" for several months.

I don't mean that to be snarky, but I guess what I am getting at is that it would be great if we could see sort of a progress or priority list. Maybe a web page that lists all of the things that are "being worked on", and we can see if that truly is the case. If it isn't really being worked on, there are some things that I would try to tackle on my own if they become important enough in my own gaming. I am sure that others would feel the same way. Many of the things seem to rely on the internal coding, however, and I can see why it would be waiting. We must fix X to be able to add Y in order to implement Z.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #448
AndrewD2

Old December 1st, 2013, 02:07 PM
Quote:
How would this differ from the existing AbilType.Super tag?
Quote:
If a supernatural ability has the same effects as a spell, it doesn't belong in the Spell-Like abilities section in the Spells tab. It should be a normal ability, and then use the "Append Spell Information" option to add the details of the spell to that ability.
Makes sense, didn't even cross my mind, but it should have.
AndrewD2 is offline   #449
Aaron

Old December 1st, 2013, 08:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeleyOne View Post
Not to be a brat, but there are a lot of things spread around in Hero Lab that says that it is being worked on. While it is nice to know that things are not completely ignored, it can be frustrating when we want to make use of these things that have been "worked on" for several months.

I don't mean that to be snarky, but I guess what I am getting at is that it would be great if we could see sort of a progress or priority list. Maybe a web page that lists all of the things that are "being worked on", and we can see if that truly is the case. If it isn't really being worked on, there are some things that I would try to tackle on my own if they become important enough in my own gaming. I am sure that others would feel the same way. Many of the things seem to rely on the internal coding, however, and I can see why it would be waiting. We must fix X to be able to add Y in order to implement Z.
I was working on the missing ultimate campaign stuff much of last month, but the ACG playtest meant I hadn't quite enough time to get things finished for the November release. Now that is done, I'll be heading back into Ultimate Campaign tomorrow. Unless something goes terribly wrong, I expect they'll be done for the next (December) release.
Aaron is offline   #450
Closed Thread