Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread

AndrewD2

Old October 2nd, 2013, 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
You can sort of figure this out using the "timing" report. I have used it and its been helpful but its not really easy to search...
Yeah I've done that too, but it would be much nicer to just have it displayed next to them in the Develop menu. It would save a lot of trial and error and since it's just another part of the XML I would think it wouldn't be too difficult to add (but since it does change the UI I can understand their being problems).
AndrewD2 is offline   #411
armenfrast

Old October 3rd, 2013, 05:00 AM
Hello,

could you add a feature allowing to manage and print the inventory tracking sheet.

You could add extra fields to each owned item allowing to mention a reference number (chronicle number) when the item was purchased / sold / used.

Regards

Pierre
Pathfinder Society France
www.psop.fr
armenfrast is offline   #412
RavenX
Volunteer Data File Contributor

Old October 3rd, 2013, 05:09 AM
You can use the search feature to do some filtering. For example if you type in Combat or Item Creation, it should filter the list to only show those feats.

RavenX Pronouns: She/Her

Please do not PM me to inquire about datafiles I coded "for personal use" such as Exalted, World of Darkness, AD&D, or Warhammer 40K Roleplaying. I appreciate your interest, but I do not own the Intellectual Property rights to these game systems. Nor do I have permission from any of the Publishers to distribute the data files. As such, I cannot distribute the work I have done with community on these files. They are "for personal use" only. Thank you.

I am far too busy these days to answer emails. If you message me here there is no guarantee I will get back to you at all.
RavenX is offline   #413
ShadowChemosh

Old October 5th, 2013, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screetch1979 View Post
You could realize an adjustment which allows to increase the number of mythic powers? As already exists for normal feats.
v2.5 of my adjustments addon is out and it includes a new adjustment "Mythic Power Points" that lets you increase/decrease the number of mythic points.

I also created "Mythic Surge Die Size" to adjust the die size of your mythic surge ability to a maximum of 1d12 and a minimum value of 1d6.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #414
ShadowChemosh

Old October 5th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela2013 View Post
Is there a way to make an adjustment like the ones to change the name of equipment/armor/weapons so that you can change the name of a spell?
v2.5 of my adjustments addon is out and it includes a new adjustment "Custom Name: Spell" which allows you to change the name of the selected spell.

Hero Lab Resources:
Pathfinder - d20pfsrd and Pathfinder Pack Setup
3.5 D&D (d20) - Community Server Setup
5E D&D - Community Server Setup
Hero Lab Help - Hero Lab FAQ, Editor Tutorials and Videos, Editor & Scripting Resources.
Created by the community for the community
- Realm Works kickstarter backer (Alpha Wolf) and Beta tester.
- d20 HL package volunteer editor.
ShadowChemosh is offline   #415
Bobson

Old October 5th, 2013, 04:21 PM
I'll second this request. It's certainly possible to track it on the journal tab, after each chronicle, but that still relies on remembering everything you just bought (or sold) after it's been merged with the rest (or removed).
Bobson is offline   #416
hoodyioreth

Old October 6th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shayd3000 View Post
I was playing with the Tactical Tool last night, checking out how it was handling initiative and stuff and started thinking to myself - wouldn't it be cool if this were tied into the payers sheets that were using it live? That is, currently, if my players are using their own copy of HL on their own laptop, my tactical display is only showing me a static copy of their character given to me prior to the game starting. If mine was linked in to theirs (via local network) then what I see would always be the most current version of their character with correct stats based on condition, encumberance, etc. I could also then set conditions on them myself, heal or take away hits, etc. A tall order, but cool to think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
Colen and I were just discussing this capability last week. We nailed down a way to do this that should work extremely well. Now we just need to carve out the time to add the functionality. Our #1 priority for the next feature update is customizable output, so this probably won't make it into the very next release. However, the solution is mapped out and should definitely be added next year.
Firstly, congratulations on an excellent product. My old-skool players and I ran a Pathfinder-HL game on friday night using mac/pc-tablet/ipads for the first time fully "non-paper" ever (and this group has been playing together since '86) and it went well.

I echo many of the sentiments in the 42 pages above about updating the tactic console, using a checkbox system for printouts, propagating damage / healing etc across multiple characters ... but the reason I created a forum account today was to check on the ability to run live local-networked sessions.

My players love using the Ipad interface in particular, but it would be so much better if my GM tactical display was updated live with their character statuses. For example, a player using the Ipad app activates Combat Expertise and I see this reflected on my Macbook Air's HL tactical console...

Is this still on your "to do" list? I hope so!
hoodyioreth is offline   #417
The Mighty Grognard

Old October 9th, 2013, 12:03 PM
I love Hero Lab. Once my group got its hands on HL, we never looked back. Having it on my iPad made me even happier. For the most part, it is a very positive experience for me, but there's one way that it could be better (in my eyes).

I tend to play spellcasters and I switch up my spell lists very often, depending on the situation that my group expects to encounter. Unfortunately, this makes the other players groan as I hold up play, go through and manually change the spells from one list to another. I have tried making several different character sheets with different spell lists, but flipping between one or another quickly leads to confusion and frustration (especially on the iPad).

My idea is this - a function that allows the player to pre-select spell lists to be loaded on the fly. For instance, if the group knows it will fight a dragon, all I would have to do is import the "Dragon Fighting" spell list and it would replace the spells that I have in play with my pre-selected dragon-fighting spells.

If you think this would be helpful to you or your players, please lend your support by bumping this thread.
The Mighty Grognard is offline   #418
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old October 9th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Grognard View Post
I love Hero Lab. Once my group got its hands on HL, we never looked back. Having it on my iPad made me even happier. For the most part, it is a very positive experience for me, but there's one way that it could be better (in my eyes).

I tend to play spellcasters and I switch up my spell lists very often, depending on the situation that my group expects to encounter. Unfortunately, this makes the other players groan as I hold up play, go through and manually change the spells from one list to another. I have tried making several different character sheets with different spell lists, but flipping between one or another quickly leads to confusion and frustration (especially on the iPad).

My idea is this - a function that allows the player to pre-select spell lists to be loaded on the fly. For instance, if the group knows it will fight a dragon, all I would have to do is import the "Dragon Fighting" spell list and it would replace the spells that I have in play with my pre-selected dragon-fighting spells.

If you think this would be helpful to you or your players, please lend your support by bumping this thread.
Something that may get you halfway there; once you've added a spell to your prepared spells list, reduce the number of times it's memorized to 0 - that way, it's already on the list for later, and you don't have to take the time to find it in the list of all the spells in your spellbook - all you have to do is go through your list of prepared spells, changing the number of times each one is memorized.
Mathias is offline   #419
Roadie

Old October 14th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Some DMs will allow alignment subtypes to qualify for feats and other traits. (For example, a lawful neutral angel has the Good subtype, and so could qualify for feats that require "good-aligned outsider".)

For this kind of thing, it would be useful if there was a hero configuration option that made the Good, Evil, Lawful, and Chaotic subtypes count as though they were the relevant character alignment for the purpose of qualifying (and disqualifying) for feats, prestige classes, and so on.
Roadie is offline   #420
Closed Thread