Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - User Projects
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

AlHazred

Old August 7th, 2014, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philderbeast View Post
Alhazred at ythe moment that's just not possible at its not in the stat blocks I'm reading to make the current output, however when I start pon the dynamic stat blocks the info is there and will be available. The one catch is I have to do each game system seperatly so itwill be some time before I get them all done.
Still a fantastic app, man! Kudos and many thanks!
AlHazred is offline   #31 Reply With Quote
Just Pete

Old August 7th, 2014, 07:29 PM
More testing!

This time on my Transformer TF101, running KitKatKiss Android 4.4.4

Back button exits the app from character view (consistently); reloads screen from google drive view.

Multiple character portfolio performs the same way; can see the same 2/4 characters with 1/3 companions. Seems like that's the way they're listed in the portfolio file, but are just cut off. I'll try re-arranging them and see what happens.
- just a note here: the switch between characters in the portfolio is smooth and fast! (yes, I know it's basically text files once you remove the formatting...still, kudos!)

View for Shadowrun characters is better on the bigger screen; I'd still like Lone Wolf to put in some dividers they way they do for Pathfinder!
Just Pete is offline   #32 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old August 7th, 2014, 08:11 PM
LordSlapNut: no its not open source and no plans to do so at this stage.

a few reasons for this, but the most important one being I would like to at least make back the $25 fee I had to pay to get it on google. I *may* release some of the code at a later date for parsing the portfolios but at the moment it would not be of any use to anyone due to the complete lack of documentation.

EightBitz, there are a few things to check here, on google drive are they reading as compressed files, if not they will never be selectable. there are a number of reasons they may not be showing up as a compressed file, but a few things to check are that you are using the current version of hero lab to save your portfolios (although anything > 4.1 should work) otherwise its likely to have something to do with how you are getting them on there. (either way not a bug with the app)
Philderbeast is offline   #33 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 7th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Latest version of hero lab as of maybe 4 weeks ago at the oldest.

I can't tell from my tablet if the files are compressed.

I used Astro File Manager to copy the files from dropbox to Google.
EightBitz is offline   #34 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old August 7th, 2014, 10:34 PM
EightBitz can you follow the procedure here:

https://bitbucket.org/ThePhilderbeas...ewer/wiki/Home

I know you have already done some of these steps but this will help me keep track of this issue.

Last edited by Philderbeast; August 7th, 2014 at 10:39 PM.
Philderbeast is offline   #35 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 8th, 2014, 01:42 AM
Will do when I get a chance. Thank you for responding.
EightBitz is offline   #36 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old August 8th, 2014, 05:01 AM
Ok I have chased down the bug with the minions stopping all characters showing, and I have implemented Local storage tonight.

I need to tidy it up a bit with its error handling so its not quite ready for release (the minion fix is out though) but i should have local storage pushed out to you all tomorrow.
Philderbeast is offline   #37 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 8th, 2014, 07:28 AM
OK, a couple of things:

1) My issue with not being able to select a portfolio was an issue with the file type. I logged into Google Drive through the web, as you suggested, and the portfolios had the same document icon as a PDF would. I deleted the files, uploaded one through the web interface, and it had the "compressed file" icon you indicated it should have. That portfolio loaded fine.

2) Some of the characters have been replaced with the "<?>" character. I know this is a 1.0x version, so that's not a criticism, just a note of something that could be improved in the future.

3) I. Hate. Ads. I'd be willing to pay for an ad-free version. I know that would add a layer of legal complexity, as you have LWD's IP rights to consider, but if you and they could come to some sort of mutually beneficial agreement that would allow you to sell an ad-free version, that would be awesome.
EightBitz is offline   #38 Reply With Quote
Philderbeast

Old August 8th, 2014, 02:33 PM
1) glad that sorted it all out for you!.

2) I have reported this to Lone wolf and they have told me its a bug with hero lab on windows not encoding the file properly and will be fixed by them in the next update, so you should see that fixed soon

3) I can in fact to this (as I read the information regarding powered by hero lab products), and guess what its now avaliable! take a look here!

you need to have that key installed along side your existing install and it will remove all adds from the character sheet viewer.

(n.b. if I am incorrect in saying I can sell this please contact me and i will correct it asap)
Philderbeast is offline   #39 Reply With Quote
EightBitz

Old August 8th, 2014, 02:41 PM
Purchased. :-)
EightBitz is offline   #40 Reply With Quote