Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Sendric

Old October 22nd, 2017, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
Just noticed something that was missed by everyone. Exalted feats (and, by extension, Vile feats) have the user radiate an aura of good (or evil).

As per Book of Exalted Deeds page 39:

Aura of Good: A character with at least one exalted feat radiates an aura of good with a power equal to her character level (see the detect good spell), as if she were a paladin or a cleric of a good deity.
Ok, thanks. Should be easy enough.
Sendric is offline   #691 Reply With Quote
Majorian

Old October 29th, 2017, 11:53 PM
Hey, guys. I don't think it's really an issue with the community data set, but somehow, the portfolios my players and I are using are just totally busted.

Everything worked perfectly with that beta version of the community pack (1.19) and the version of the HL d20 system files. Sine we upgraded to the new d20 system version and the current community pack. Everything has been an absolute nightmare.

I'm wondering if it's possible to revert to an older version of the d20 system? I know it's possible to downgrade the community pack (although when I try this with the current iteration of the d20 system, the user content list is empty).

tl;dr is it possible to downgrade to an older version of the d20 system files?
Thanks, for all the hard work.
Majorian is offline   #692 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 30th, 2017, 03:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorian View Post
Hey, guys. I don't think it's really an issue with the community data set, but somehow, the portfolios my players and I are using are just totally busted.

Everything worked perfectly with that beta version of the community pack (1.19) and the version of the HL d20 system files. Sine we upgraded to the new d20 system version and the current community pack. Everything has been an absolute nightmare.

I'm wondering if it's possible to revert to an older version of the d20 system? I know it's possible to downgrade the community pack (although when I try this with the current iteration of the d20 system, the user content list is empty).

tl;dr is it possible to downgrade to an older version of the d20 system files?
Thanks, for all the hard work.
If there is even a single error reported against user files, then none of the user files will load, which is probably why you are seeing nothing listed in the user content.

As for your portfolios, can you attach one here? I'd like to see what you're seeing. Maybe it will help me figure out if there's something I need to do.

Come to think of it, I think another user complained about a bunch of missing spells, which I fixed but not as part of a new release.

Update: I provided a new release of the community set. Please download and see if this resolves the issues with your portfolios.

Last edited by Sendric; October 30th, 2017 at 05:19 AM.
Sendric is offline   #693 Reply With Quote
Majorian

Old October 30th, 2017, 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
As for your portfolios, can you attach one here? I'd like to see what you're seeing. Maybe it will help me figure out if there's something I need to do.
The new update helped a bunch, but there are still a ton of errors, like the following when I try opening a spell list for say this Sorcerer. The Spell list also has WAY more spells than it's supposed to (duplicates).
Syntax error in dynamic 'candidate' tag expression
- - -
- - -
- - -
- - -
- - -

Is it possible to revert to an older d20 version? The attached portfolio has never given me any trouble in some 3 years, but in the last few updates things have been very odd. Feats that should be certain places are gone and new errors that I've never seen before have appeared, Versatile Spellcaster in this portfolio.
Attached Files
File Type: email Sparky.por (97.5 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Majorian; October 30th, 2017 at 06:31 PM.
Majorian is offline   #694 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 31st, 2017, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorian View Post
The new update helped a bunch, but there are still a ton of errors, like the following when I try opening a spell list for say this Sorcerer. The Spell list also has WAY more spells than it's supposed to (duplicates).
- - -
- - -
- - -
- - -
- - -

Is it possible to revert to an older d20 version? The attached portfolio has never given me any trouble in some 3 years, but in the last few updates things have been very odd. Feats that should be certain places are gone and new errors that I've never seen before have appeared, Versatile Spellcaster in this portfolio.
There's a bug with how the Fiendish Sorcery class special adds spells to your caster class. I have no idea why it wasn't an issue before, but it's clearly a problem now. I'll make a fix and get you the updated file.

I also noticed a couple of minor things with the portfolio itself. It didn't have Races of the Dragon checked as a source, which made Versatile Spellcaster not work. Also, if you are seeing an error pop up about Monster Manual 3, go to Portfolio -> Strip Missing Sources. Once that's done, save your portfolio, and that should remove the errors you're seeing (other than the duplicate spells).

Update: Download the attached user file, unzip it, and copy it into your d20 data folder (overwrite existing file). Then re-load Hero Labs and let me know if everything is working properly.
Attached Files
File Type: zip 3.5 - Heroes of Horror.zip (124.0 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Sendric; October 31st, 2017 at 05:34 AM.
Sendric is offline   #695 Reply With Quote
Majorian

Old October 31st, 2017, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
: Download the attached user file, unzip it, and copy it into your d20 data folder (overwrite existing file). Then re-load Hero Labs and let me know if everything is working properly.
Thanks a lot! Looks like that fixed pretty much everything.
Will update if there is anything else unexpected.

Really appreciate it.
Majorian is offline   #696 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old November 1st, 2017, 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illyahr View Post
The basic version has the hero gain TWF when he is equipped with a "katana" (bastard sword) and "wakizashi" (short sword). The OA variant doesn't have this ability so it is disabled. What I mean is that the ability fades out like it's supposed to but the script that checks equipped weapons and activates the TWF feat still runs
Looking into this now. Sorry. I misunderstood you initially. This should be a relatively easy fix. That said, I am confused by the wording of this ability and the script used to enact it. The script requires that the katana and wakizashi be magical (or at least masterwork) to function, but the wording of the ability does not. Is there a reason the script is done this way, or can this ability work with mundane versions of the katana and wakizashi, as the wording seems to indicate?

Edit: Nevermind. I see the rule they have to be masterwork.

Last edited by Sendric; November 1st, 2017 at 04:54 AM.
Sendric is offline   #697 Reply With Quote
Illyahr

Old November 11th, 2017, 08:53 AM
One of the prereqs for Eternal Blade (ToB) is scripted wrong (oops :P). It should check for two maneuvers of certain schools (secondary specials) but is instead looking for stances (!secondary) in its foreach statement
Illyahr is offline   #698 Reply With Quote
Friso

Old November 12th, 2017, 05:29 AM
once is enough

Last edited by Friso; November 14th, 2017 at 11:02 PM.
Friso is offline   #699 Reply With Quote
Friso

Old November 12th, 2017, 07:03 AM
I've been using HL for my 3.5 games for months now with no problems, using both the user created 3.5 and RavenX's Forgotten Realms package.
I updated to 8.4 a few days ago, and ever since, the packages won't load anymore. I get the "data files could not be loaded due to errors" message, followed by a list of about 40 files that have non-defined tags. I can continue to the program proper, but I can't use any of my portfolios and there's no user-created content available.

Is this due to the update? I tried reinstalling but that doesn't work, nor does using the 3.5 package without the Forgotten Realms one. What can I do to get this sorted?

I'm a klutz with computers, so I hope there's no coding involved;-)
Friso is offline   #700 Reply With Quote