Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests
Register FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Notices

scramasax

Old April 10th, 2016, 12:27 PM
In pathfinder if I use a custom language I wrote a text inside . This text won't appears in the statblock and we will instead see 'Custom Language' in the statblock . The printed version in pdf also show custom language .

the text used to define the custom language should appears in the statblock and printed pdf
scramasax is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 11th, 2016, 10:01 PM
This sure sounds like a question that belongs in the Hero Lab forum for Pathfinder. What am I missing here?
rob is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old April 12th, 2016, 11:42 AM
My reading of the issue:

It sounds like when he views a HL portfolio in RW with a custom language, it is instead showing "Custom Language" rather than the name of the language.

It sounds like a RW issue as his printed version does show the name of the language.

It may be a HL issue, but the display issue seems to be in RW rather than in HL.
AEIOU is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old April 12th, 2016, 02:41 PM
OK, thanks. That helps me understand what the perceived problem is.

However, all Realm Works does is pull the statblock out of the Hero Lab portfolio file and display it. Realm Works performs no evaluation of the character, nor does it synthesize any information. So this sounds like a bug in Hero Lab, where the custom language is being saved into the statblock incorrectly.

If you open the portfolio file (it's a Zip file) and look at the embedded statblock, you can verify whether this problem is indeed in the saved output from Hero Lab.
rob is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
GThiel

Old April 13th, 2016, 02:32 PM
Just duplicated the error. In HL I replaced COMMON with a custom language. Saved the portfolio. Created a new Cast List person and added the portfolio to the person. Language shows "Custom Language."
GThiel is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
AEIOU

Old April 13th, 2016, 02:48 PM
@GThiel (and @scramasax): I'd recommend submitting a formal bug to the HL team. Including the specific steps you took to recreate and confirm will likely get this fixed quickly.

Great catch as I'm sure there could be custom languages in some of the Marketplace material that is pending. You just saved folks a bunch of frustration. Gold stars to each of you!
AEIOU is offline   #6 Reply With Quote