Lone Wolf Development Forums  

Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Realm Works Forums > Realm Works Feature Requests

Notices

pyremius

Old December 25th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Would it be possible to add a checkbox for "always use this topic for navigation"? Some types of information lend themselves to nesting, and tend to be revisited frequently enough that using the upper-level topic for navigation is very likely. Some examples would include: dungeon/building map, spell lists, treasure tables, wandering monster lists, etc.

I don't know that this has much value above "low-hanging fruit", but I thought I'd toss it out for consideration.
pyremius is offline   #1 Reply With Quote
Farling

Old December 29th, 2014, 12:54 AM
Do you mean a flag so that the topic ALWAYS appears in the topic list as if "Show Containing Topic Hierarchy" was selected?
Farling is offline   #2 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old December 29th, 2014, 03:57 AM
I'm not sure what exactly you're asking for either, pyremius. Can you give us a better idea of what you'd like to do?

Parody is offline   #3 Reply With Quote
pyremius

Old December 29th, 2014, 04:38 AM
Some maps and storyboards I create specifically as navigation tools. Every time I open them I'm intending to use them for navigation. Currently, each time I open a storyboard I have to right-click and select "use for navigation", meaning that the smart image or storyboard has to load twice before it's ready to use. A checkbox to tell the program to do that automatically would save some effort and time, especially as the topics get larger and take longer to load. It's not required to open the smart image first, but it could prevent accidentally double-clicking instead of right-clicking.

Last edited by pyremius; December 29th, 2014 at 04:42 AM.
pyremius is offline   #4 Reply With Quote
Parody

Old December 29th, 2014, 05:44 AM
Ahh, I see now. I have yet to want to use those features; I like lists. Wanting to get to navigation quicker sounds like a context menu item to me, rather than an item-by-item choice for what single-click does, but whatever works.

Aside: I dislike Plot Navigation because the Back button doesn't undo it; the only way to get the list of Plots back is to click the Storyboard button again. For whatever reason I keep accidentally double-clicking on Plot Points to open them, so it'd be nice if we could disable double-clicking starting Plot Navigation.

These both probably fall under a big cloud of "better UI customization" requests.

Parody is offline   #5 Reply With Quote
pyremius

Old December 29th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Yep. I figure the more examples we provide now, the better their vision will be when it comes time to figure out how to add features. This was one that I probably wouldn't use very often (in % of Topics), but would find extremely helpful in those situations where I did want it.
pyremius is offline   #6 Reply With Quote