Go Back   Lone Wolf Development Forums > Hero Lab Forums > HL - d20 System

Notices

Zan Thrax

Old September 17th, 2012, 10:49 AM
Evil Glare is included as Cleric 7; it's supposed to be Cleric 4
Zan Thrax is offline   #131 Reply With Quote
GLBIV

Old September 17th, 2012, 11:25 AM
Great, I'll give that a shot this evening.

Thanks,
GLBIV is offline   #132 Reply With Quote
GLBIV

Old September 17th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
I'm going to go through and make the changes for all types then post the file here for you to download. You can then take it and let me know what you think.
Great, I'll give that a shot this evening.

Thanks,
GLBIV is offline   #133 Reply With Quote
GLBIV

Old September 17th, 2012, 08:29 PM
Quote:
...I added this script to the bottom of the third eval script. I'm going to go through and make the changes for all types then post the file here for you to download. You can then take it and let me know what you think.
It appears this did the trick! Well played.
GLBIV is offline   #134 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old September 18th, 2012, 05:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Thrax View Post
Evil Glare is included as Cleric 7; it's supposed to be Cleric 4
I assume this is a spell. I have noticed some issues with spells across multiple classes. I plan to take a look at these for the next release. Thanks.
Sendric is offline   #135 Reply With Quote
GLBIV

Old October 12th, 2012, 05:10 AM
This has probably already been addressed, but in Spell Comp Domains.usr, the Undeath Domain needs the fExtraTurn bootstrap added.
GLBIV is offline   #136 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 12th, 2012, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLBIV View Post
This has probably already been addressed, but in Spell Comp Domains.usr, the Undeath Domain needs the fExtraTurn bootstrap added.
Ok. Done. Thanks for giving me an easy one.
Sendric is offline   #137 Reply With Quote
trollbill

Old October 21st, 2012, 03:03 PM
I don't know if these are bugs or I am just doing something wrong, but I recently downloaded the 3.5 data set from cheeseweazel and I am have the following problems:

I have a Lvl1 Spellthief/Lvl 4 Wizard (Conjurer) I am trying to enter into Hero Lab. I have turned on all of the non-region specific books including Unearthed Arcana.

1) My Conjurer has the Immediate Magic class variant feature from the PHB2 which swaps out the ability to get a familar with an Immediate Magic ability dependant upon your subclass. This does not appear as a class variant option under Varaints and I don't see how to turn it on.

2) She has the Wizard class variant from Unearthed Arcana (Pg 59) that gives her bonus fighter feats instead of bonus Wizard feats (including swapping out Scribe Scroll for a fighter feat). This variant does not appear on the class variant list and I can't seem to turn it on. Though oddly I see the Wizard Class variant that lets you take an animal companion instead of a familiar from the same source.

3) She has the 2nd level spell Heart of Air from the Complete Mage in her spellbook, but this does not come up as an option when I go to add spells to her spellbook in Hero Lab.

Does anyone know anything about these issues?
trollbill is offline   #138 Reply With Quote
Sendric

Old October 22nd, 2012, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollbill View Post
I don't know if these are bugs or I am just doing something wrong, but I recently downloaded the 3.5 data set from cheeseweazel and I am have the following problems:

I have a Lvl1 Spellthief/Lvl 4 Wizard (Conjurer) I am trying to enter into Hero Lab. I have turned on all of the non-region specific books including Unearthed Arcana.

1) My Conjurer has the Immediate Magic class variant feature from the PHB2 which swaps out the ability to get a familar with an Immediate Magic ability dependant upon your subclass. This does not appear as a class variant option under Varaints and I don't see how to turn it on.

2) She has the Wizard class variant from Unearthed Arcana (Pg 59) that gives her bonus fighter feats instead of bonus Wizard feats (including swapping out Scribe Scroll for a fighter feat). This variant does not appear on the class variant list and I can't seem to turn it on. Though oddly I see the Wizard Class variant that lets you take an animal companion instead of a familiar from the same source.

3) She has the 2nd level spell Heart of Air from the Complete Mage in her spellbook, but this does not come up as an option when I go to add spells to her spellbook in Hero Lab.

Does anyone know anything about these issues?
I can't say for certain, but my guess is these things may not have been done yet. There has been a lot of work done for the community data set, but as you can imagine, there's a ton of material to draw from so not everything is there yet. I won't be able to take a look at this until late this week or early next. I'll do so as soon as I can.

Update: Ok, took a look. These items have not been implemented. It appears none of the PHB2 variant options have been done. Unearthed Arcana was not fully implemented by LW, and some stuff was added by the community, however, this one appears to have fallen through the cracks. As for spells from Complete Mage, only spells A-B have been done.

One of the things I'm going to be doing soon is going through several sourcebooks and checking to see what is done and what is missing. I'll add these items as requested additions, but I'm still looking for contributors so it might be a while before we see any major additions.

Last edited by Sendric; October 29th, 2012 at 05:25 AM.
Sendric is offline   #139 Reply With Quote
ted11

Old November 20th, 2012, 07:46 PM
Hello all, new to HL and this forum--these 3.5 files are great, must have taken a lot of work.

One question on Force of Personality Feat - "You add your Charisma modifier (instead of your Wisdom modifier) to Will saves against mind-affecting spells and abilities."

I see the author comments in the editor say "Add a script that calculates this bonus. (situational, ignored) Chk, does this apply all the time or is it a choice? As in, if Cha is lowered below the Wis, do you take a penalty or is the higher bonus applied? (ignored)"

Personally I'd say it applies all the time, not a turn on/off ability thing, but s a trained state of mind even in the very rare ocassion it might go negative (and that probably makes for easier coding).

I'm not a programmer, just fiddled a bit with some of these with some success--anyone know how you could code this to use Cha vice Wis for the Will save?
ted11 is offline   #140 Reply With Quote